Goodnight Sweetheart

Theo left from the car ride he took with Aahana and Duyi and gazed around at the pre-set-up campsite. The area was suffocated by its own branches, a sprawling fortress blocking the sunlight, small rays of light passing through every so often. There was a perfume of a bitter, yet sweet scent falling from the leaves. Further down were the logged restrooms, two areas for 'male' or 'female', half of each area was for showers, the other for toilets.

If you go even further down, you can reach the dock which is settled above the remarkably clean water. Theo had expected the lake to be shrouded by moss and seaweed, a loch-ness monster of sorts. The lake was not concealed by the layers of thick-oak trees, and the sun was perfectly shining upon it, creating a blinding reflection in the small ripples of waves.

There were so many tents.

"Oh, whatever shall we do Theodore?" Aahana gasped, mockingly.

"What?" Theo inquired, not really listening much, still taking in some of the scents and sounds of birds echoing around him.

"Well, Duyi and I are sharing a tent. Guess that means you have to pick someone to share with. I wonder who you could possibly pick!" She smiled charmingly.

"Perhaps Kristopher?" An acquainted shout came from one of the cars that had just arrived, it was Isla, two tote bags over her shoulder. Theo realized that one of the bags was Ebony's when she got out holding the two sleeping bags.

One was embellished with the roots of a tree branch, covering a mushroom home with daisies and fairies all around it, which he'd presumed was Ebony's. The other, was a maroon tote with three skulls stacked on top of each other, with roses surrounding them, which he'd assigned to Isla.

"Can you guys shut up, seriously,"

"We're the only ones here!" Ebony chimed in, she was obviously taking everything in as well, considering the wide-eyed, fluttering lashes look she had, as her eyes drifted from one place to another.

"Ebony!! Isla!! Hi!" Aahana smiled, "I'm Aahana. Theo told me about you guys!"

It was much more cordial than the introduction Kit got.

"Oh, hello! He's told me about you too!" Ebony squealed, and ran up to her, hauling her into a hug immediately, swinging her around heavily.

Aahana looked moderately startled by the sudden hug, but quickly hugged her back, joining in with the rocking.

"I have the most urgent question in the whole entire world," Aahana had pulled back now and was stroking down her hair, "Where was your dress from in your recent post?"

Aahana and Ebony then broke out into a conversation about fashion so Duyi, Isla and Theo had decided to clump off and take a seat down by the logged un-lit fire.

"Okay, she did pose a good question though..." Isla started, smirk on her face.

"I'm not sleeping in the same tent as him," Theo bluntly said, already detecting the topic of conversation.

"Who else then? You only know us four, and I personally was hoping to share a tent with my girlfriend, as I'm sure Duyi is."

She posed a reasonable point. Theo knew nobody that hadn't already partnered up.

"Also, I'm sure you don't want him sharing withdista like Grace or someone," Isla added.

"What why-" Theo spoke rapidly.

"Well, they dated and stuff,"

"Dated," Duyi said, "Ed on the end. It'll be fine."

Right then the sound of another truck had pulled up, one of the ones you hire for a school prom that has room for about 10 people yet somehow people can cram up to 20 if you try hard enough. The twigs cracked under the tires.