Touchdown

The fleece-like touch of his cardinal red soccer jersey flicked across his fingertips as he grabbed it out of his bag and passed it over to Theo, "Wear it." He smiled affectionately, dimples forming in his cheeks and chin.

"Really?" Theo stroked his finger over the felting of it, clutching onto it tightly, "Are you sure-" He didn't want to ask for confirmation, just in case it ended up being snatched away from him just as fast as he'd gotten it, but he felt the need.

"Nobody will know it's mine. You can buy them on the school website... half the school is wearing them. If anything you'll be standing out if you don't wear it. Only you'll know." He was wringing his hands out in front of him, balancing from one foot to the other.

It was true, practically everybody was wearing a jersey of some kind, he still felt paranoid about it though.

"But-"

"Shut up and wear it, gosh." He chuckled and pushed the jersey into Theo's chest, "I'm going and I better see you wearing it in the stands, or else you'll be the cause of my failure! No pressure." He said with a wink, the bag now on top of his shoulder, already moving away.

Theo stared down at it, and felt his chest flutter gently, fingers drifting soothingly down the fabric, happiness soared through him like a comet, trembling inside of him, wanting to burst out of his chest. He felt a wash of dizziness overcome him, who knew excitement could do such a thing?

"Theo!" Someone shouted from behind him, he turned to see the fluorescent pink locks of hair first, that had been cut to her jaw. The last time he'd seen her it was down to her waist and ebony-black, Kit had told her she went a variety of hairstyles throughout the seasons and was shocked her hair hadn't begun decaying into the abyss or at least fraying. Then he saw almost identical high cheekbones and ice blue eyes to Kit's.

Her nose was different, almost crooked; as if it'd had broken once before.

"Hi, Rose." He radiated even more, grateful that they ended up showing up and it had gone to plan.

He'd got in contact with Rose as soon as the date for the game was announced, begging her to try and show up, along with Kit's mother. He didn't bother mentioning his father as he had assumed that'd turn out... poorly. He lacked much information on the family, but he knew one thing- the whole reason they'd never shown up before was because of him.

She had Cameron perched up on top of her shoulders, he was clinging onto her, a bright, toothy grin tugging on his lips as he looked over the crowd of people, feeling like a King.

Mrs. McCain was carrying bottles of water and Coca-Cola cans, walking alongside Mrs. Sheih, it was probable they were discussing the boys.

Luca couldn't come as it conflicted with his school, but Theo didn't care too much about that, he'd be a grump all day.

"It's so busy!!" She continued, laying emphasis on her words, to make sure that if Theo couldn't hear her he'd be able to guess.

He shot her a thumbs up and wrapped the jersey onto his shoulders, the sleeves were again dangling off of him, engulfing his knuckles, falling past his hips. It still smelt of Kit, and not his deodorant. The scent that followed him around, and clung to him no matter what. The specific smell of a human that you can get attached to, unique to every single person, like a thumbprint. He sighed in the smell and then ran up to join the others.

"He better be fucking glad we are here." Rose scoffed, earning a light smack on the arm from the coke can her mother was carrying, she wiped away the smack, grimace on her face but then quickly replaced her grin, holding her head up, "Whoopsies", she said to her mother playfully.