What is Love?

Theo was rather grateful that one of their surnames began with an 'M' because Miss Harper always went in alphabetical order, M was slap bang in the middle of the alphabet meaning that they wouldn't go first, nor would they be last. The middle presentations were normally the ones forgotten the most- unlike the last few which are fresh in people's memories after the class. Theo told Kit this,  and Kit thought he was overthinking it all and that nobody would remember any of the presentations in 1 hour.

Mentioning that someone is overthinking, shockingly does not result in them stopping thinking.

Grace and Violet were up before Theo and Kit. Theo still held some grievances against Violet, but admittedly it was looking like a well-thought-out, perfect presentation that would most likely receive an A.

"Shit," Theo whispered as he went back and forth from watching them talk about abortions to his script, his leg beginning to bounce under the table and brain churning relentlessly.

If Kit was anxious, he wasn't showing it. He was doing the exact opposite; folding his script up into a paper airplane and swinging back on his chair.

Next thing Theo knew his hand was being snatched and shoved onto the table harshly.

"What-"

"This helps my brother calm down." Kit shrugged and then grabbed a felt tip pen from Theo's pencil case- since Kit didn't have one. He only carried around one black ballpoint pen in his jacket.

Before Theo could even ask what this was, Kit was drawing smiley faces that liquefied into drips onto Theo's hand, along with spirals and blocky letters. Truthfully, the soothing tip of the pen sliding across his skin softly did actually help somewhat.

"And that is why women get abortions!" Grace took a dramatic bow and then smiled. She'd done most of the talking, but Violet had probably prepared the whole thing.

The class broke out into a chorus of claps, minus the few kids who found abortions 'murder' who tapped the tips of their fingers together gently, to be polite but also show that they disagreed with the pro-choice stance that Violet and Grace had taken.

"Wonderful girls! Great use of knowledge from you both." Miss Harper smiled, as she transited over to the next PowerPoint. Kit had already jumped up out of his seat and was striding to the front, a large grin plastered across his face.

"Hello everyone!!" He saluted to the class and then leaned back against the wall, as he waited for Miss Harper to load up their PowerPoint. Theo did not decide to stride up to the front, rather bow his head down and walk-up.

"Hi." He mumbled.

"I can't hear you." One of the classmates innocently said.

A blush painted his cheeks, and he cleared his throat readying himself to speak louder.

"Get hearing aids then." Kit said back, rolling his eyes.

"That's enough, don't be rude to the audience McCain." Miss Harper sighed, "Off you go." She pointed to the now loaded-up powerpoint.

"Aids! A fabulous thing, huh?" Kit sarcastically announced, pointing towards the front.

Theo just rolled his eyes at the unscripted comment and went through the first slide which was about the symptoms of it and how they changed over time from the 1980s to now. He tried to make it sound as confident as possible but he knew his voice still wavered at some parts.

"Righty, misconceptions since some of you are stupid." Kit started for the next slide, that comment earned him a glare from Miss Harper.

"Firstly, if you have AIDs and have a kid that doesn't mean they will automatically get it. With treatment, it's a 2% chance, and even without it is 25%. Next, even if both of you have AIDs you should still use a condom as there are different strains. AIDs cannot be spread through saliva, sweat, tears, or toilet seats. It only spreads through..." Kit chuckled a little, boyishly before continuing on, "Semen," the rest of the class also laughed, as if the whole topic wasn't about safe sex.