Thunder

"Race you back to the car!" Kit shouted over the loud thunders, his mouth tugging into a smile as he pushed back the wet strings of hair that had started clinging to his forehead.

The tumultuous grumbles and roars of the sky were strikingly soothing, and the heavy deluge of rain was warm against the boy's skins, the droplets falling onto their eyelashes and resting there until they get blinked away. The clouds were slate and tormenting, forming shapes of ghosts and ghouls.

Kit had already begun placing all his strength onto one leg, ready to sprint off down the street.

"Go!"  He whacked the back of his palm gently into Theo's chest to signal a start and sprinted off, his heels splashing up pools of water off the tar of the road, his wet, mop-like hair flowing back behind him, beads of water falling off of him.

"Stop staring and get moving, idiot!!" Theo heard from the distance, he chuckled slightly to himself as Kit hadn't even looked back to see his dumb staring, yet he still knew.

Theo felt himself overflowing with light and joy as he set off after him, the torrential showers whacking against his cheeks, his lungs were tightening but he was determined to catch up with Kit.

The stars were giant, ivory beacons, smears of indigo beaming above them as he felt his feet speeding up and splatting the water, making his socks damp.

Kit threw his head over his shoulder to check what distance he'd gained on Theo, raindrops falling down the bridge of his freckled nose and onto his upper lip, before turning back around.

He felt a tight clench on his shoulder and got yanked and shoved back into a puddle of water, the water pooling around him as he watched Theo dash off.

"That's cheating!! I could've broken my leg!" He screamed after him.

"But you didn't, huh?" He heard before Theo stilled and resting his back against the bonnet of Kit's car, catching his breath and heaving harshly, the beats of his heart thudding against his ears, "I have never run that fast in my life." He managed to huff out.

"See how good I am for your cardiovascular system, hm?" Kit muttered, pulling himself up from the floor, feeling uncomfortable as the jeans he was wearing clung against his skin like a baby clawing at their parents' leg.

"What..Carries the blood- away?" Theo coughed up a breath.

"Sorry can't hear the question, wanna repeat that?" Kit cocked his brow as he shoved past a wheezing Theo and threw himself up onto the bonnet, his palms and head resting against the soaked glass.

Theo moved up next to him and copied Kit, but instead rested his head into the crook of his neck, his hair brushing against Kit's neck, sending a commune of goosebumps over his body, "What carries the blood away from the heart?"

Kit blew out a frustrated breath and wiped up a puddle of water that had pooled up on the metal, into Theo's face, "Arteries!"

Theo spat out a little bit of water, "Shockingly you got it right." He teased.

"Shockingly you got it right!!" Kit mocked sticking his tongue out and elbowing Theo in the ribs.

Theo let out a scoff before resting one of his palms on Kit's shoulder and pulling his head over Kit's to look into his eyes, gaze unwavering- the moon was lucid, and there was a fistful of stars, but it was not enough light to truly take in Kit's charm, the ice-blue eyes, which contrasted with his jet-black hair, the small scars over his face, one on his cheek, the other on his eyebrow. Kit's heart swooped like a bird before his mouth was touching Theo's. Theo still had a little bit of weariness the whole night, from the lack of sleep he was getting, but right now his whole body was awake, heart racing as he pressed his body against Kit's, feeling the strength of Kit's arms around him, one hand buried into his hair and the other at his back.