The American Dream

"Right I have had enough of this," Aahana scoffed, she slammed his fist down on the table to create a dramatic joke, but then he was pulling her hand up and rubbing it softly, "Harder than expected." She stood up, determined.

"Where-"

"I'm going to talk to him if you won't." She began walking off and he immediately connected the dots in his head.

"No, you fucking are not!" He ran up out of his seat, knocking his pencils onto the floor. He regretted that, knowing that the led would now be permanently damaged.

"You do it then because I am sick of you moping around, to be honest."

"I am not moping around."

"Duyi!" She waved at him, he looked up from his sandwich that he was staring at intently as if it was something nobody had ever seen before, clearly trying to not get involved, "Tell Theo he's been moping around,"

He was clearly measuring his thoughts in his head, "She is right... Though, Aahana I don't think you going to him will be a great plan, love."

Aahana looked triumphant and smiled widely, "Love! Now, Theo, you both love each other, no? So what's the issue?"

"I never said I love him," He mumbled.

"Well, not inherently no. But your eyeballs are telling another story." She waved her finger around in his eyes and he followed them, eyes twisting around in circles.

It was true.

Love cannot just sprout, it ebbs and grows like a tide and he knows now, after those dreams and the way the walls of his heart felt thin like they'd buckle in on themselves at any moment, just at the idea of losing him, that he was in love. There was no more growing anymore. He'd hit the floor with a dizzying thump.

"Anyways. We need to have a conversation. Theodore, you should go speak to him."

"You are not my mother, and I am not a suggestion box."

"Funny, Sheih. The first joke in a week. I seriously thought you'd never tell one again. You've sat here, staying silent, doodling in your little sketchbook- probably portraits of him- and not interacting with us whatsoever."

She was incorrect. It was not him. Rather the lake that they held hands at. He wasn't going to mention that though, it didn't make it much better.

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞  ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

"We are staging an intervention," Noah remarked, sliding in the pathway of Kit who was intending to go and try to enjoy his lunch.

Kai slid by his side, a grin playing on his face.

"You are falling behind in football, like a lot. Plus you are all, blah."

"What's blah?" Kit rose his brows.

"Ahem." Noah cleared his throat, and Kai wailed comically, burrowing his head into Noah's shoulder and fake-crying inconsolably.

Kit let out a sarcastic laugh, as they still pretended to weep hysterically as though they'd broken their hearts.

Kai then took a bow, "That's blah."

"I am not."

Noah snatched Kit's phone and pressed his finger onto the thumbprint, he had saved it there freshman year and Kit never removed it.

"Noah what-"

"I am texting your beloved." He smirked.

Kit lept forward, dropping his tray of food, it clattered. He snatched it away, even though it was a struggle as Noah tried so desperately to keep ahold of it, Kai even tried to pull Kit away.