Beauty & The Beast

"This movie is crap." Kit huffed at the television.

Secretly he actually liked it but would never outwardly admit he was finding joy in a chick-flick.

"Don't watch it then, I'll happily watch it with your bestie." Rose smiled, kicking her feet up onto the coffee table.

"Don't call him that."

Theo shuffled in his seat and glanced over at Rose who was grinning widely at him. Theo squinted his eyes and inched forwards at her to signal 'What?'.

"Nothinggg," Rose responded, turning back to face the TV. "Well, they're definitely going to be the love interests." She commented, pointing at the two people on screen.

It was some ginger-haired girl, who had an array of freckles spread across her very pale skin and a biker dude who was the stereotypical 'bad guy', they just had an argument about some irrelevant thing and now the 'bad guy' was looking after the girl lustfully as she stormed away, very obvious.

"I don't get why they make it so obvious like at least make it harder to tell they're gonna fuck." Rose continued, she was the only one actually adding commentary to the movie, which Theo didn't mind as it made it much easier to try and ignore how close Kit was sitting to him, but Kit hated it because he frankly just wanted to watch it.

So much for thinking it was a crap movie.

They were down in the basement which was much more inviting than the rest of the house, as it was mainly only for Kit and Rose and it was the one part of the house that their father never went in. There were fairy lights and ivy spread across the trim of the wall which had the television on that Kit claimed were 'too girly' and he continually tried to take them down every day for about a week, before giving up when they'd always be put back up the next day. Under one of the couch cushions there was a box of weed and a lighter hidden in a teddy bear, Theo thought it was very well concealed, it would probably be a great place to hide something from the FBI however when he told Rose that she said 'It isn't good enough for my dad, he'll probably discover it soon enough'.

There were crystals spread on some shelves, rose quartz, obsidian, selenite, etc. Theo knew all of them, his mom was pretty into crystals and sage, he never understood much of it but he thought it was sweet. There was a vivid scent of essential oils, mixes of lavender and vanilla. Kit had said that the crystals were all a hoax and never worked and were very pointless, to which Rose told him was why they didn't work, then they got into an argument because Kit said 'if they work so well how come you have that bruise on your rib?'

He still thinks of that to this day. He said sorry countless times and no matter how many times she said it was okay he still couldn't get rid of the guilt of saying it.

To be honest, it was mainly all of Rose's things aside from a few piles of clothes and a basketball hoop that was attached to the back wall, an X-box, and a PS4 console which had a stack of games piled ontop of them.

"He looks like Kade," Kit whispered to Theo, a breath fanning across Theo's neck which made him flinch due to the fact a colony of goosebumps was spreading across him.

Kit looked at him weirdly, moving away with a slight jerk.

"What's wrong?" Kit added, head tilting harshly, eyes narrowing, he genuinely looked concerned which made it even worse for Theo as it sent a flutter inside his chest. Theo cleared his throat.

"Yeah, he does." Theo gulped and murmured, airy, avoiding looking at Kit and staring over at Rose who was perched very smugly on the couch, hands clasped together.

Kit grimaced in response and then nodded, turning back to the television.

"What?" Theo mouthed over at Rose.