School Heartthrob

TW: Homophobic slurs.

"If you take this out of context, It'll sound terrible, but fuck your family," Theo scoffed, legs up on Kit's dashboard. He was dressed up in a retro, olive green jacket, and a Van Goh print t-shirt.

"Aunt Jeanette isn't too bad," He shrugged, in an oversized, purple letterman jersey, paired with black converse that had been so worn the white had turned almost brown.

"I'm very much not excited for this," Theo sighed, pressing his cheek up to the cold car window and watching the trees on the sideroad blur by into blocks of orange.

"We can stick together, promise," Kit rested his hand on Theo's thigh as he sped the car up and leaned backward, speeding down the empty road that was free of other cars.

The one positive trait that Kit could give Kade was that he threw great parties. He did think that it was solely down to the amount of money he had and not his party planning skills, though.

It wasn't until they'd walked in that Theo realized how much money he actually had. He'd thought it was a lot considering he had been able to actually rent out a place for a party, instead of having it at his house, however this was next-level.

There was one floor for food, banquets of different dishes laid among white cloths. There were cream pillars in this room, with porcelain tiled floors. It reminded him of one of the wedding receptions he'd been to as a child, the ones where you don't even know the bride or groom yet somehow get invited to, and everyone else knows you even though you cannot pinpoint who the fuck they are.

The next floor was in the basement and was much less fancy.  You had to go down a corridor which had a variety of different rooms attached to it, studies, bedrooms, bathrooms, which we're certainly going to be used by different couples later that night. Once you went down that, you'd reach a large doorframe that pulled you into the main room, pool tables, a bar, and where everyone was clinging into one spot, despite the empty spaces available.

The interior was low-lit, cavernous and the lighting was dingy yet warm. The whole floor had a pungent smell of weed, and sweat that was tainted with a variety of alcohol, the air was tepid and stuffy.

"Stay by me, or you'll get lost," Kit whispered into Theo's ear, hand placed on the dent in Theo's back, guiding him into the room smoothly.

"Oh thank the fucking heavens, I thought God hated me, but he's finally sent me you two!" Isla shouted, crawling out from a cluster of people, "Ebony couldn't make it, so now I'm stuck third-wheeling with you guys," She scoffed, the cross-chain bounced across her chest as she ran up to them.

"Everyone in a circle on the floor!" Violet shouted, placing a bottle in the middle of the people who were already in the circle.

"Oh for goodness sakes," Isla sighed, wrapping her hand around Theo's, "Seven minutes in heaven, spin the bottle, or...?"

"Russian roulette," Kit offered, "I'd much rather that, to be frank."

Isla made a gun motion to her temples and added a sound effect, her cheeks were tainted red.

"Are you drunk, already?" Theo asked, a smirk on his face.

"No way!!" She cheered, which made it evident she was considering she was never this cheerful, "Just a little bit tipsy." She added a wink and then pulled them both to sit in the circle, she ended up sitting on top of someone's leg and offered them a few quick apologies and a giggle.

"She's a liar," Kit mouthed to Theo, as he took a shot from the table behind him and downed it in one swift swoop, his face didn't move at all, it was as if it was water.