Blanket

It was dark and eerily quiet, he could only make out the sound of the soft ticking clock that hung on the wall outside his bedroom. Theo blew out a frustrated breath. There was a pat at the window which knocked the breath from his lungs and he felt himself freeze under the covers of his bed. 

He had probably just watched too many true crime documentaries, especially now Netflix had started producing an ungodly amount every month, and he was likely just imagining things to break the silence but then he heard another one, this time more of a whack.

Two options:

1. Don't check, and let the murderer break in and end up killing your whole family, 

2. Check and be the only victim. 

He produced a heavy, beleaguered sigh before stomping out of bed and yanking his curtains open. 

His heart stilled when he figured out that it was not a serial killer wielding a knife and grinning murderously, but it was Kit.

Honestly, he'd prefer the first option at this time.

Although it was also very amusing to him, as he did not expect Kit to be the type to come throwing rocks at his window in an attempt to communicate with him, Kit's mouth quirked up into a little smile and he dramatically pointed at the closed window. 

"What?" Theo mouthed at him, pretending he didn't understand. 

Kit brought his hands up and covered his mouth, the air rushing around the inside of his hands and releasing a warm breath, it was still quite cold in the evenings despite the upcoming summer. 

"Please?" He exaggerated his mouth and pulled an unimpressed look, cocking his head to the side. 

Theo bit the inside of his cheek and then pulled it open, stretched his arms expansively, turning his face to look down at Kit from the second floor, "What do you want?" 

Kit let a rueful smile fall onto his lips, his hair was stringing around his cheekbones, "Come down? A bit difficult to talk through this much of a distance."

Even though they were standing so far apart, Kit's gaze was unflinching as he watched Theo's face carefully, measuring the sitation, and also enjoying the fact Theo looked like some sort of Shakespearean character right now.

Theo shook his head, "Curfew." 

Kit's face flickered into an affronted state, "Alright, guess I'll climb up the tree. However, if I do fall down and you leave me to die you will feel very very guilty, Theodore." 

Theo pulled his arms to his chest and chuckled to himself. 

"Seriously? Alright then!" Kit sighed before wrapping his hands around one of the branches and digging his nails into it, gripping as tightly as he could, he swung his legs around and stood placidly on the lowest branch, before lifting his arm to grab onto the next one. 

"Fine, fine. Get down, idiot." Theo mumbled, grudgingly, sticking his head out of the window, a familiar sense of joy melted through him and he felt himself heat up as he slipped into a pair of sneakers.

He tried his best to not sprint down the stairs and fly out of the front door, when he came outside Kit was standing at the front door, a sly grin on his face and his hands shoved into the pocket of his hoodie.

"Hey." He flicked his tongue over the bottom of his top teeth.

"Go on." 

"I have come to apologize, and also spend time with you, like the amazing person I am." His grin was dropped and as he spoke his heart tripped over itself, pausing and then quickening to make up for it.