6: Projects

Pour...mana...

...examine...record...workings...

Enhance...work...

Aim...release...

Gray quickly sat upright, sweating. What was that? A dream? A faint voice was speaking to Gray. A memory, perhaps? Gray staggered to the bathroom before splashing his face with water. As he stared at himself through the mirror, he couldn't help but think that the voice sounded familiar.

. . .

"Another person had been found with their blood drained. Please, don't go out alone. Stay with others, so that you don't become another victim of the 'Vampire'." Said the newsman.

Gray sighed as his turned of the video, before placing his phone into his pocket. He unplugged his headphones, putting them away. That was the fourth incident in the last two weeks. Luckily, it wasn't taking any lives.

Today was like any other day, waiting for the next move. There was t exactly much that Gray could do right now except for waiting.

Taiga walked into the classroom as the bell rung. "Alright class! Today we are going to be starting a project!" Stated Taiga. "This one will be a collaboration with History! You and your partner need to chose one person from history who you believe made a huge impact on the world!"

"You then will create a station about the person using a trifold! In two weeks there will be a walk-around where all the second years will look through the projects!" Exclaimed Taiga as she passed around the instruction sheets for the project.

That doesn't sound too bad. Thought Gray. A fitting project for the fate universe. Wait...partner?

"Now, to choose partners I will be drawing sticks!" Taiga shouted excitedly as she pulled a can of sticks out of nowhere.

Everybody groaned. Gray glanced over to Issei, seeing him doing the same. Issei and Gray had quickly became good friends. After all, both had few friends. Issei, because of his status of Student Council President and Gray because he was new. Also, his only friends were girls. It was nice to have a fellow boy.

"Alright!" Yelled Taiga. She pulled out two sticks. "Gai Gotou and Minori Mitsuduri!" Taiga continued to pull out sticks, pairing the students together.

"Grayson Arc..." Taiga read.

Please be Issei. Please be Issei.

"...and Rin Tohsaka!" Taiga finished.

Oh god. Darn it Taiga. I'm so dead. Gray felt like Rin would be the overprotective sister type of girl.

As Taiga finished up calling the names, the pairs were starting to form. Gray walked up to Rin, sitting next to her.

"It's nice to meet you." He told her.

"It is nice to meet you as well." Replied Rin.

She didn't say anything about Sakura? Gray wondered, before he realized why. I have never been so thankful for Sakura to call me Senpai. Holy crap.

"So, who do you want to do for the project?" Asked Gray.

Rin looked at him, responding, "I want to do Arthur Pendragon."

"Alright. Let's do that." Replied Gray, pulling out his laptop. Rin pulled out hers, as the two started to research about King Arthur.

"There's so many contradictions..." muttered Gray under his breath as he scrolled through data.