29: Wives

Gray held the strange card in his hand, analyzing it. He found it in the middle of the forest when he and Scathach were training. It looked familiar, but he couldn't figure out why, no matter how hard he racked his brain.

Miyu entered the apartment again. Some sweat was rolling down her face, and she seemed tired. Honestly, it reminded him of how he would look after training with Scathach. That's why he was worried.

What if the friend was a bad influence? What if they had gotten involved with some shady things accidentally? What did you do with your friend to get that tired? Run in circles all day?

"Hey Miyu." Said Gray, holding the card in one hand.

Miyu looked at Gray, before noticing the card and her eyes widened. Gray noticed this. "Do you know what this is?" He asked her, waving the card.

"It's a rare card from a game me and my friend like to play." Miyu answered. She felt bad again for lying, but that cats would only bring danger to her brother.

"Oh...that's where I must had seen it before." Replied Gray. He chuckled to himself. "I can't believe I didn't notice that." He then looked to Miyu. "You want it?"

Miyu nodded eagerly. "Yes please." She said.

Gray nodded. "Here you go then." He said, handing her the card. "Make sure you have fun with your friend."

"I will." Miyu replied. "I'll show them the card tomorrow."

Miyu then walked away to her shared room with Scathach, Jeanne, and Jack. Gray sighed. He really needed to get a new place. Maybe he could ask Iri for help.

His phone buzzed, causing him to flip it out. Reading the message, he realized it was from Iri. What a coincidence.

I want you to come to our house. See Kiritsugu again, and meet Illya, our daughter, and your cousin.

Gray sighed, rubbing his head. He still couldn't believe he was related to them, and by people that never appeared in the fate series. Judging by the text as well, it seemed that Shirou Emiya didn't exist. How strange.

All right. I'll visit. Do I need to bring anything?

He typed it in. It might be good to bring something for Illya.

Just bring your wife.

Gray sighed. Of course Iri would want him to bring Tamamo. Well, he has to now. Gray walked into his and Tamamo's room, opening the door to see Tamamo looking at him.

Her ears were perked up, and her hair fell down her shoulders, where a pajama shirt loosely held on. Gray blushed, though it was hidden by the darkness of the room. His heart thumped. He had only one guess to why.

He closed the door behind him, and went into the bathroom. He got ready, before walking back into the bedroom with pajamas on. He slipped under the covers, right next to Tamamo. The two laid down, staring each other in the eyes.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. "I heard you sigh." Wow. Those fox ears must really work well.

"Auntie wanted me to come over to see my uncle again and to meet my cousin. I asked her if she wanted me to bring anything, and she said my wife." Explained Gray.

"Well, of course. I have to meet my in-laws you know?" She replied. As she thought about his sentence, she then smirked. "Does this mean you accept me as your wife?" She asked, teasing.

All she got was silence as Gray stared at her. Did she ruin it? It was already pushing it with the kids and calling him her husband. Did he not like her? Would he reject her? She didn't know if she could take it.