23: Sapphires

"What...is this?" Miyu asked, staring at the strange item on the table. Gray, Tamamo, Scathach, Jeanne, and Miyu all sat around the table, surrounding the item.

"This, Miyu...is what we call a board game..." Gray revealed. "Specifically, Monopoly."

"Monopoly?" Asked Miyu, slightly tilting her head.

Tamamo gasped. "Don't tell me you've never played monopoly?!"

"You, Scathach and Jeanne hadn't either until I showed you it." Gray stated.

"That's different." Tamamo argued. "We're from the past. They didn't have this in the past. Miyu isn't from the past, she's from an alternate world."

"That sentence is crazier than someone never playing monopoly before." Gray deadpanned. Seriously, three people from the past, and two people from another world all in a room. Sounds like the start of a crappy joke.

"Is it...fun?" Asked Miyu.

Gray looked over. "Well, all four of us enjoy playing it. I'm sure you will too."

Miyu looked back at the board. "Okay...I'll try..."

"What piece do you want?" Asked Jeanne. "Since your new, we'll let you choose first. Right Tamamo?" She stated, with a small hint of venom directed at Tamamo. Jeanne had a soft spot for kids.

"I want...the dog." Miyu stated.

"Alright, here you go." Gray said, handing her the dog.

. . .

Miyu stared at Gray. "Yes?" Gray asked hesitantly. She made a motion with her hands. Gray sweated as he stared down the hands. They were telling him, "give it up."

"Fine..." groaned Gray as he handed over some Monopoly money to Miyu, causing her to smile in satisfaction. "...and now I'm bankrupt..."

"I win." Miyu stated.

Tamamo just stared at the girl. She gestured towards the ten year old, confused. "How?" Was all that she asked.

"I made a mistake..." groaned Gray. "I shouldn't have introduced Miyu to Monopoly..."

"The brat wiped the floor with us..." muttered Scathach.

Jeanne just patted Miyu's head. "Good job!"

The door to their apartment slammed open, revealing Taiga and Cu. "Yoo-hoo!" Taiga yelled as she waltzed in. As her gaze landed on the five of them she gasped. She shakily grabbed her phone, dialing in a number.

"What are you doing this time?" Asked Gray, with an eyebrow raised.

"Hello, 911? A lolicon teenager kidnapped a little girl and took her to his home..." she whispered.

"No! Stop! It's not like that!" Yelled Gray as jumped for Taiga's phone.

. . .

"Fine, I won't call the police. But you better explain why there is a little girl in your apartment." Taiga demanded.

"I will, I will." Gray surrendered. "This is Miyu." He stated.

"Hello." Miyu said, blankly staring at Taiga.

"Okay...so why is she here?!" Taiga exclaimed.

"She came from another world." Gray stated.

Taiga shakily moved her phone back to her ear.

"Stop! I'm not lying! Miyu, tell her!" Gray shouted.