27: Encounters

Rin, Luvia, Illya, and Miyu all sat down on the ground, smoke floating off of their bodies.

"We were...destroyed." Stated Rin.

. . .

The route entered the mirror world, ready to fight the next servant. As they appeared in the mirror world, nobody seemed to be there.

"Where is the servant?" Asked Luvia, as she squinted her eyes.

Illya looked up, before her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Miyu saw this and looked up, eyes also widening.

"What's wrong?" Asked Rin. "What are you looking at?" She and Luvia looked up, only for their eyes to widen in panic.

Above them floated a Caster, who had hundreds of magic circles floating in the sky, ready to strike down any opponents. The magic circles glowed as hundreds of mana bullets were shot down on them.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

. . .

"What are we supposed to do?" Asked Illya.

"It seems the only way we can fight her is for you to fly. The kaleidosticks should allow you to do it, as long as you imagine it." Rin explained.

Miyu sat up, grabbing Sapphire. Holding it out in front of her, she jumped into the air, but fell back down as she didn't fly. Jumping again, she did a cute hop, but did not fly.

"Why can't I fly?" Asked Miyu, narrowing her eyes.

"It's alright. It's a complicated move." Luvia stated.

"I believe it has to do with your mindset." Sapphire stated.

"My mindset?" Miyu wondered.

Illya easily started floating. "Oh! Like this?!" She asked. Rin and Luvia both stared at her shocked.

"How are you doing that so easily?!" Rin exclaimed.

"Can't all magic girls fly?" Responded Illya.

Rin just stared at her. "However she got that belief, it's helping her." Muttered Rin.

"Alright. We'll meet up again in a couple days. Until then, keep training your flying abilities. Make sure you're ready." Rin stated as she and Luvia left.

"Why can't I fly like you?" Asked Miyu, staring at her friend.

"Your mindset. Illya has the belief that 'All magical girls can fly'. This belief allows her to easily get off of the ground and fly." Stated Sapphire.

"Ooh! Should I show her the magical girl shows that I watch?!" Asked Illya.

"Hm. That might work." Sapphire thought.

"Alright! Follow me Miyu!" Said Illya.

. . .

Illy and Miyu arrived at the Emiya residence, where Illya's family lives. Illya and Miyu went through the gate. Illya ran up to the door, opening it.

"I'm back! And with a friend!" She yelled.

"Oh, hey Illya." Said a gruffly voice. He walked by the door. "I'm Kiritsugu, Illya's dad. Nice to meet you...?"