38: Jungles

Gray, Gudako, Angelica, and Artoria all walked through the overgrown city. They wlaked through the street, trying to search for more people.

Some zombies turned towards them from ahead, and started to stagger towards them. Gray and Artoria quickly rushed up, and used their respective weapons to take them out.

Despite the danger of being out in the open, the streets were the quickest way to move through the city. It was too tough any other way, and would take too much time.

As Gray looked to the sky, he noticed the sun was starting to set. Turning towards his companions, he issued an order.

"Let's set up camp." He said.

"Alright." Gudako nodded.

They looked around, before finding a suitable house to camp in. Entering it, they blocked all the doors and windows, before taking out the blankets from their backpack, placing them down.

"Our rations are out." Informed Angelica.

"Me and Artoria can go get them tomorrow morning, while you guys stay here." Stated Gray. "Is that fine?"

The other three nodded their heads, agreeing with Gray's plan. Gray sighed in relief, before laying down, trying to go to sleep.

Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire. Destruction. Death. Julian. Julian. Chains. Chains. Jail. Prison. Trapped. Trapped. Chains. Trapped. Julian.

Gray jolted upwards, sweating. What a strange dream. The more he thought about it, the les she remembered. What's as it about? He shook his head. Standing up, he slipped outside, before climbing on top of the roof.

He sat on the roof, feeling the cool breeze through his hair. He looked out from the top of the building, seeing the overgrown section of the city. It really did look like a zombie apocalypse.

"What are you doing awake?" Asked a voice. Turning his head back, he saw Artoria easily climb onto the roof.

"I could ask you too." He replied, as Artoria walked down and sat by him.

"Servants don't need sleep." Stated Artoria.

"Well, you should. Makes you feel more fresh." Informed Gray.

"Why are you awake?" Inquired Artoria.

"Some dream. But I don't remember what it was about..." answered Gray.

"Some say that dreams are visions of the future." Said Artoria, as the two gazed upon the ruined city.

"Where'd you hear that?" Asked Gray.

"A dick wizard." Bluntly replied Artoria.

Gray clamped a hand to his mouth, trying to keep in his laughter, while Artoria cracked a small smile. As the two calmed down, Gray spoke.

"Thanks." He said.

"For what?" Asked Artoria, confused.

"For being here. For helping us. Helping me." Replied Gray.

"I should be the one thanking you. You saved me from going back to the throne. I just wish I would have been able to finish my duel with Lancelot." Replied Artoria.

"Past life reasons?" Asked Gray.

Artoria nodded.

"Then when we face him again, I'll leave him to you." Stated Gray.

Artoria looked at him shocked. "Why?" She asked.

"Why? You have your reasons, don't you? It's not my business to get in the way." Replied Gray.