42: Dragons

"Gray!" Tamamo exclaimed, hot tears streaming down her face as she brought her hands to her mouth, flooded with happiness.

'That's him?' Wondered Ritsuka.

"Ritsuka!" A familiar voice yelled out to him.

Turning around, Ritsuka saw a familiar head of orange hair running his direction. His sister, Gudako.

"Gudako!" Ritsuka shouted happily, hugging his younger sister. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Replied Gudako. "Gray and the others were with me."

"Others...?" Asked Ritsuka.

Looking behind his sister, he saw more people approach. Artoria, Nero, and Angelica all approached the ongoing battle.

"Angelica, you stay back. Sabers, you help Caster and the others take on the dragon." Gray said, suddenly going into his commander mode.

The two Sabers nodded, helping pick up Tamamo, and quickly healing her bleeding with Avalon.

Jalter looked at the scene, shocked. "How?! People are supposed to die when they're killed!" She screamed.

"Simple. You didn't kill me." Responded Gray.

"I'll take him on." Salter told Jalter, knocking Archer away.

"Fine." Huffed Jalter, focusing back on her battle with Jeanne.

Salter walked in front of Gray, a short distance away. Readying her sword, she held it out in front of her. Gray extended his arm, materializing Gae Bolg Alternate into his hand.

"Forge on." He muttered.

Salter could feel it. She glanced at her other self who had just arrived, who was currently occupied fighting Fafnir. A bond existed between the two, and it was affecting her.

She could feel Artoria's love for Gray. So she wanted to know why she loved him. To know if she should push her own feelings back.

And a good old fight was the best way to do it.

The two dashed forwards each other, sparks flying as their weapons grinned against each other. They swung their weapons at each other, only to be parried by the other.

"Who are you?" Asked Salter.

"Grayson Arc. Nothing more, nothing else." Grunted out Gray as his weapon collided once more with Salter's. He didn't know why he was humoring her, but something in his mind told him to.

"Interesting." Replied Salter. She swung her sword onto Gray, only for him to block it with his Gae Bolg Alternate.

Cerulean lines crawled up his arms as he held the spear in place, keeping Salter from cutting him into half.

Salter finally let up, backing off as Gray stood back up, pointing his spear towards Salter, ready for her next attack.

'Very interesting...' Thought Salter.

She dashed at Gray, slicing at him. Gray barely dodged, before thrusting his spear forward. Salter also dodged, leaving them in a dance sequence of attacks and dodges.

"What is your goal?" Asked Salter.

Gray looked at her weirdly. What was with her, interrogating her enemy in the middle of the battle. Gray never remembered her doing something like this!

"To save the world." Stated Gray.

"The world's a dark place." Argued Salter.

"It is. But nothing will change that. It's up to us to make it better." Replied Gray.