30: Skulls

Rin, Luvia, Illya and Miyu all stood in the middle of a clearing, ready to transfer to the mirror world. "Alright. This is where the second to last distortion is located." Rin stated. Miyu held the Kaleidostick in front of her. "Expanding all alternate realities!" A voice ran from the Kaleidostick. "Transporting to Mirror World!" A magic circle appeared under them, before transporting them to the mirror world, leaving them gone from the real world.

They appeared in the mirror world, but this time the sky seemed much closer. At least, way closer than when they fought Caster.

"The distortions are decreasing in size." Stated Luvia. "Ohohoho! It's because Miyu can do such a great job!"

"You couldn't have done it without me and Illya!" Yelled Rin, causing the two to get into an argument.

Miyu and Illya sweatdropped, watching their two mentors argue. "Hey, where is the servant?" Wondered Illya, causing all of them to freeze.

A dagger shot out, grazing Illya's cheek before she or Ruby could put up defense. A person walked out in front of them, wearing black clothing and a white skull mask. Then more of them walked out, all with different body shapes but with the same accessories of black clothing and a white skull mask.

The four put their backs against each other, forming a circle. Illya stood frozen, before bringing a hand to her cheek, feeling the blood dripping from it.

"We're surrounded!" Yelled Luvia.

"Let's blast some away! Then we can get out of this situation!" Yelled Rin, causing a rare nod of agreement from Luvia.

Rin and Luvia threw their stones, blasting a hole in the servants who surrounded them, leaving them flying like rag dolls.

They all started running towards the exit, but Illya was much slower than usual. She felt like she couldn't mover her legs, and her vision was getting blurry.

"Illya! Come on!" Yelled Rin, but it sounded muted, like water was in her ears.

Rin's eyes suddenly widened. "Poison?! Was there poison on that dagger?!" She exclaimed, causing the other two's eyes to widen.

As they turned, ready to run back and grab Illya to help her, Illya tripped, falling down in the middle of all of the servants. And then, they all threw their daggers.

Rin, Luvia, and Miyu's eyes widened in horror. Thousands of daggers surrounded Illya as they moved toward her. They wouldn't make it.

Time seemed to slow down for Illya, as she watched the daggers approach her. Even with her blurry vision, she could tell what they were. They would kill her.

Death? Pain? Death equals pain. Death equals blood. Blood. No blood. No blood!

"Nooo!!!" Screamed Illya. A huge blast of air seemed to come from Illya, completely wiping out all of the daggers, and the servants who threw them as well. Miyu created a barrier in front of the three quickly, shielding them from Illya's strange blast.

Miyu looked down at Illya, who was shaking on the ground. Her friend was afraid. Miyu didn't like that. Being afraid led to weakness. That's what Miyu tried to convince herself.

But really, she knew she didn't like to for another reason. Because she knew how it was to be afraid. When the world was burning down around her, she was useless.

But now, she could be useful. She could help her friend. If Illya was scared, then Miyu could make her not scared anymore. Illya no longer had to fight. She could let Miyu do it. Then Illya wouldn't have to risk her life, and she wouldn't be scared.