37: Chains

Jeanne placed her hand against the glass, looking outside. It was as if it was an aquarium, with water being the only thing that Jeanne could see.

But it wasn't an aquarium. It was far from it. The city had flooded, and Jeanne was stuck inside this building. Along with one other person.

Jeanne looked behind her, to see Rin covered in blankets, sleeping on the floor. Her eyes were red, the result of lots of crying.

Jeanne was sad too, of course. She may not have known her Master well, but she knew that he was a kind-hearted man. But now he was gone.

She could only imagine the pain that Rin must be going through. Jeanne sighed, before looking back to the flooded water. A servant like her could easily survive swimming to the top, even if she carried Rin.

The problem...?

Outside of the window, a giant great white shark swam by.

That was the problem.

She had seen those sharks when going after zombies that had fallen into the water. It only took a couple seconds until the sharks were upon them. They were extremely fast. Too fast.

'Why are there great white sharks here?' Jeanne deadpanned.

. . .

A giant black dragon flew through the air. Using reigns, someone on top of it commanded it to turn, causing it to start to fly a different direction. They flew over the part of Fuyuki on fire, the driver grinning maliciously as she stared down.

"Destruction. I love it." Jeanne D'Arc Alter grinned.

She looked just Jeanne, except with a pale complexion, yellow eyes, cut short white-blond hair, and a darker color scheme for her armor, flag, and cape.

"So do I. But why are we here again. This is boring." Asked Cu Chulainn Alter.

Cu Alter looked like his normal counterpart, but the equipment all over his body had changed into a black and red color scheme. The upper part of his bodysuit was absent, leaving his chest exposed and revealing a unique tattoo design on his chest and abdomen. His shoes have very high heels, and he wore a hood over his head.

The most noticeable change is his spiked tail, which gives him a beastly appearance. His skin is also tanned, unlike the original Cu's skin.

"You find everything boring." Scoffed Jeanne Alter.

"I'm only a machine for killing. Nothing more, nothing less." Responded Cu Alter.

"Bah! You should have more fun, and revel in the screams of your enemies." Replied Jeanne. "I know I do."

"You're just a maniac." Responded Cu Alter.

"I'm an Avenger. There's a difference." Stated Jeanne Alter.

"And I'm a Berserker, yet you are acting more like one than I am." Cu retorted.

"Oh, that's it! One more smart-ass comment out of you and I'll throw you off Fafnir!" Yelled Jeanne Alter.

"Why do you even have Fafnir? He's Norse." Asked Cu Alter.

"Because he's a dragon, and Master wished him for me." Replied Jeanne Alter. "Oh Master~" she hummed, closing her eyes.

"Stop indulging in your lewd fantasies and drive the damn dragon." Replied Cu Alter.

"Shut up!" Yelled Jeanne Alter, her face lighting into a blush. "I really will throw you off! Look down!"