13: Doubles

Remember yourself, me...

Gray woke up to the sound of a familiar voice. As he rubbed his eyes and gained his bearings, he realized that he was still in his room, by himself. It was probably a strange dream.

Gray yawned before grabbing his phone next to his desk. As he pulled it off and started scrolling through it, a headline from a news article caught his attention.

"Vampiric Incidents Start Again! Don't Be Alone at Night!" Read the article's title.

Gray grinned. "It's time."

. . .

Archer and Rin stood on the roof of a building. "Archer." Rin said. "Last night Shinji started again. We need to find him."

Archer nodded. He picked up Rin, carrying her in a princess hold before jumping from roof to roof, as they tried to spot Shinji.

As they hopped through the cities, barely anybody was out. They probably were all scared of being out at night due to the Vampiric Incidents. They had been happening for a while now and no one had any evidence for who was doing it.

But that was because this wall something magecraft would have to solve, not the police. Their opponent was a Rider who was getting stronger every day with the magical energy from the blood of the victims.

A scream tore through the air, causing Archer to turn in his heel and quickly start jumping through roofs to the direction of the scream. Whoever screamed was most likely a new victim.

As they jumped through the roofs they soon landed, before jumping down onto a street. Across from them was Shinji and Rider, and a victim with low blood levels laying on the ground, probably in a comatose state that she would stay in for a couple weeks.

Shinji looked shocked for a moment before grinning. "Well, it looks like it's time for a rematch. But this time the odds are in my favor." Shinji grinned maliciously.

Archer raised an eyebrow while Rin's eyes narrowed.

"Lancer!" Called out Shinji, causing a man in blue tights to land down in front of them, holding a blood red spear.

Crap. Again, why is Lancer working with Shinji and Rider?! Archer thought worriedly.

'Rin. This isn't good.' Thought Archer. 'This time there's no one else to distract Lancer.'

"I'll let you fight them by yourself Lancer. I know how much of a bloodhound you are." Shinji arrogantly said.

Cu grinned. "Finally, something you say that I agree with." He said under his breath.

Cu dashed towards Archer, Gae Bolg crashing against Archer's Kanshou and Bakuya. Their blades clashed as they swung against each other, causing loud clangs to resonate through the air and violent sparks to fly as well.

Cu Chulainn was a beast. Archer knew this. That's why he knew he would have to do something for him and Rin to retreat, even if that meant sacrificing himself. If Cu went all out on Archer, it was game over. If Cu used his Noble Phantasm, Arcehr could block it, but it would take up almost all of his energy.

Cu Chulainn was a force to be reckoned with. He wouldn't go down easily. That's why Archer would have to retreat with Rin. There was no way Archer could win against Cu, especially with Cu's advantage as the Lancer class.