35: Travels

Gray cut the vines hanging in front of the doorway with one of Rider's nails, allowing them to go through. They walked into the ruined building. Walls crumbled while vines crawled everywhere.

"It's just like the movies..." Gudako muttered.

"Yeah." Replied Gray. "Come on, let's keep going." He said, jerking his head to another door. Gudako nodded, following her companion.

"Still no servants detected yet Roman?" Asked Gray.

"Not yet. It's extremely strange." Replied Roman. "In all of the last singularities, there were multiple servants summoned by the grail. Not to mention there should be also your servants."

"Yeah. I'm not sure if no servants detected is a good thing or a bad thing." Replied Gray.

They walked through the abandoned building. They were currently on the hunt for servants, preferably allies. They didn't know who had the grail, and only had a lone magus and master, and the master didn't have her servant to support.

Walking into another room, light shone in from the giant hole in the roof. In a small crater in the floor was Angelica Ainsworth, laying down knocked out.

Gray out his hand out in front of Gudako, stopping her. "You." He growled at the unconscious body.

"You know her?" Asked Gudako.

"Of course I do. She was with Julian." Stated Gray.

He looked at her, fists tight. He could end her. End an enemy. Someone who tried to sacrifice him, and would be ready to kill him again. She was defenseless. He could do it. He was suddenly jerked from his thoughts as a hand put itself on his shoulder.

"It's okay." Stated Gudako.

Gray looked at her, before smiling. "You're right." He said. Staring at Angelica, he picked her up bridal style.

"I'm not sure what we're going to do with her, but for now let's set up camp." Stated Gray.

They went into another room that didn't have a hole in the ceiling, and barricaded the door in case any zombies tried to break through. The covered the windows, and made a makeshift bed out of blankets that they had found earlier.

Noticing something in the corner of his vision, Gray noticed a backpack. "What's this doing here?" He wondered.

Picking it up, he noticed the blood stains on it. Someone must have been trying to survive, but the zombies got to them. Gray closed his eyes shut. He would fix this. He just needed to get the grail.

'Well, this will help with carrying stuff.' Thought Gray. 'Now we won't have to leave the blankets.'

They laid down Angelica on some blankets, before Gudako laid down next to her, covering the two of them up. Gudako quickly fell asleep, letting out a light snore.

Gray sat on the floor, staring at the two of them. His fists clenched. 'If only I was stronger.'

'If only I wasn't so useless. I've been relying on them for everything.' Thought Gray.

He stood up, before walking out of the ruined building. Heading out into the street, he stood in the middle of the road with his eyes closed. Soon he heard the guttural growl of the zombies.

Snapping his eyes open, Gray materialized Gae Bolg Alternative into his hands. Thrusting it backwards, it penetrated a zombie behind him, before he spun around and stabbed another zombie through the head with it.

Ripping it out, he kicked another zombie before stabbing the next one. Stabbing his spear into the ground, he spun around on it, kicking away all of the zombies which got close.