34: Singularities

"Alright." Said Roman, the orange-haired doctor. "Are you guys ready to Rayshift?" He asked.

"We're ready." Confirmed Ritsuka, the black haired, blue eyed master.

Gudako, his sister, and Mash, his kouhai, nodded in agreement. Those three and five other servants prepared to rayshift. As the timer counted down, something started to go wrong as the building shook.

"What's going on?!" Cried out Roman in surprise. As the rayshift started, it rayshifted Ritsuka, Gudako, and Mash, but left the other five servants.

"Master?!" They cried out in panic.

Da Vinci rushed into the room. "What happened?!"

"The rayshift!" Cried out Roman.

. . .

Gudako groaned, slowly opening her eyes. Upon waking up, she was greeted to an unfamiliar ceiling. 'Where am I?'

She sat up, noticing that she was under the covers of a bed, still with her Chaldea outfit on. Looking around, she seemed to be in a hotel room.

'What's going on?...the rayshift!' Remembered Gudako. 'Where's everyone else?!'

It was then another person entered the room. He wore a short sleeved black shirt with jeans matching in color. He had black hair and gray eyes, and around his neck was some sort of heart-shaped gem he played with.

Noticing she was awake, he smiled. "Morning."

"Who are you?" Asked Gudako.

"Grayson Arc." He replied. "You can call me Gray."

He walked over to a chair in the hotel room before sitting down, staring at the gem longingly.

"Where are we?" Asked Gudako.

"A hotel. In Fuyuki, well, if you can call it that anymore." Replied Gray.

"...What do you mean?" Asked Gudako warily.

Gray nodded towards her. "Follow me."

He took her to the balcony, where the blinds covered the windows. He slid them out of the way, before opening the glass door. They walked onto the balcony, and Gudako gasped in a mixture of surprise and horror at the sight before her.

The city was broken. In the middle of it, sat a giant pyramids. Another part of the city was flooded, and another burned on fire. In the area their hotel was in, it was like a jungle. People staggered down below, but a closer look showed they were no longer human, but zombies that you would see from the movies.

"What...happened here?" Gudako asked.

"The Holy Grail." Gray gritted out angrily. He then looked to Gudako. "So, what's a member of Chaldea doing here?"

Gudako's eyes widened. "You know?"

Gray nodded. "I do."

"This is a singularity. We're here to fix it." Replied Gudako.

"We?" Asked Gray, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Asked Gudako.

"When I found you, you were knocked out in the middle of the street. No one else was there." Gray stated.

Her yes widened in fear. "Do you think...!"

Gray shook his head. "If they were with you and the zombies got to them, their dead bodies should have been next to you. And you also should have been dead."