15: Tensions

"Medusa, what do you know?" Rin asked.

"My former Master, Shinji, works for his grandfather, Zouken." Medusa stated.

"I knew he wasn't a good guy." Emiya stated. "Thank god I took you away from him."

"His goal is to use the greater grail to reach Akasha." Explained Medusa.

"The root. That makes sense. That's where the original magic is located. The truth of the world." Rin stated.

Medusa nodded. "But the grail was corrupted in the Third Holy Grail War. Zouken knows this. He believes if he gives the greater grail a vessel, he can control it instead of it destroying everything."

"But he doesn't know." Rin concluded.

"Yes." Medusa confirmed

Rin's eyes widened. "That means he could very well destroy the world." She realized.

Medusa nodded. "It's a risk."

"We have to stop him." Sakura softly stated.

"Agreed. It's not a risk worth taking." Rin said.

'Is this why I was summoned here, Alaya?' Archer asked himself in his mind, knowing he would get no answers.

"What else do you know Medusa?" Rin asked.

"Zouken is working with Lancer's master, who I do not know." Medusa stated.

"The Lancer matter. This is serious." Rin stated.

"Lancers. There are two of them somehow." Archer stated.

"Do we know who they are?" Rin asked.

"I do." Archer replied.

"Really!?" Asked Rin surprised.

"Lancer used his Noble Phantasm. This gives us his identity." Archer explained.

"Who is it?" Sakura asked.

"Cu Chulainn, Ireland's Child of Light. And with his connection to the other Lancer, I was able to deduce the other one's true name. Cu called the other lancer Shishou, which means that the second Lancer is Scathach, Queen of the Land of Shadows." Archer explained.

"So we have a hero and a queen..." muttered Rin.

"Both are incredibly dangerous. Cu has an advantage over me by being a hero. Scathach is just deadly. She trained Cu, and is better than him. She has had centuries to refine her skills."

"Seriously?!" Rin yelled. "That's too powerful!"

"It is." Archer stated. "She shouldn't even be able to be summoned. Something really strong must have pulled her from the Land of Shadows."

"It must be due to the Holy Grail's corruption. That lets it break the rules." Medusa deduced.

"Luckily, Scathach should only be as strong as her Master. The weaker her Master, the weaker she will be." Archer stated.

"Her Master...isn't weak." Medusa stated, dropping a bombshell on the other three.

"What?!" Rin exclaimed. "What do you mean?!" She asked.

"The Master of Scathach also is the Master of Caster. I don't know his identity though. Both times we encountered them was in the dark night." Medusa stated.

"So we have someone who can hold two servants?" Asked Archer.

Medusa nodded. "And, we have only seen him do some magecraft. We don't know the full extent of his abilities."