Chapter 1: Goodbye's

{3rd person POV}
The day felt like a normal day, but a normal day it was not. Today was the day a young stable girl/boy/person, named Y/N was going to have to say goodbye to their parents yet again. But what they didn't know was that, with their parents adventure to the new war, led to their own adventure with someone they would have never guessed.

{Y/N's POV}
As I awoke from my lifeless dream, I rub my eyes and groan. Today was the day my parents and all the other warriors set off to war. I get up from my comfortable bed, I walk to my wardrobe and get my clothes on. I, as well as the other servants lived in the west wing of the castle, meaning I would have a long ways of walking if I wanted to wish my parents farewell. I slipped on my shoes, and made my way down the castle halls. The smell of a amazing gourmet breakfast filled the air as I walked past the kitchen.

When I arrived to the front of the castle I ran up to my parents and hugged them. "Please, stay safe." I said to my mother as she got onto her horse. "Don't worry I'll make sure she doesn't slip and fall down a hill this time." My dad jokes trying to comfort me, but no matter what they said I was still terrified at losing them. "We'll be fine. I promise, now you better get on to the stables before someone notices that you're here." My mom tells me. I wasn't supposed to tell my parents goodbye and if anyone caught me, I probably would've gotten into a lot of trouble, but I just couldn't bear to live with the fact that they could've died and I wouldn't have even gotten to say goodbye. "Yes ma'am. I love you both so much! Goodbye!" I say, and as I walk away I can hear them saying it back.

I arrive at the stables at the back of the castle, my job was to make sure the horses were safe and that they didn't get stolen. So, all day, all I did was sit down on a small box and watch over the horses. Some would say it was quite a boring job, but I found peace with the horses. Something about them...was oddly comforting.

As I sit in the stables I quietly hum a song I heard one of the other maidens singing. "She followed him out the forest, and collapsed upon the earth
Her feet had walked but a distance,
From the green land of her birth
She faded into a flower,
That would bloom for one bright eve
He could not take from the forest,
What was never meant to leave..." As I hummed the song I could feel the peace flowing within the air. The horses were calmer than usual and not a creak of the wind could be hear. All was silent.

The day was coming to an end, I fed the horses a last time, and made my way back to my living quarters. It was a long distance and I took my time. I admired the breathtaking paintings on the walls, painting that would cost more than my life. As I passed the royal ball room I could hear the festivities going on inside. The royal family was throwing a party for the victory of the war that was to come.

{3rd person POV}
As, Y/N walked past the ball room, there was an undetected anger arising in them. They didn't realize it, but deep down they we're angry about how their parents where out in the war risking their lives while the royal family is party the night away safely. To them, it was unfair...

A/N
Hey! I know this chapter is rly short, I'll try to make them longer, but I really hope you enjoyed this. Also if you where wondering the song she was singing was, "The Willow Maid" by, Erutan.
Don't forget to stay hydrated and eat! I love you all have a wonderful day/afternoon/night!
Word count: 701