The Last Fight

Y/N
Open your eyes.

Wake up.

He's right there!

Get up, save yourself!

All things I kept telling myself as footprints drew nearer and nearer. My body was aching and my head was pounding. With every breath can a price, it felt as if I was truly dying. Or maybe I was already dead. But in death there is nothing, so what was I.

The sound of the footprints stop and I can feel him towering over me. Instinctively I'm scared. I knew he wasn't a danger, but I knew he wasn't safe either.

How could I feel safe after I watched someone whom I loved dearly kill half an army.

"Please be okay Y/N" I hear a monotoned voice speak out into a whisper. Even with no feeling in his voice I could tell he was upset.

I knew he was scared to come any nearer in fear of what he might accidentally do. He didn't want to hurt me. I knew that. We both knew that for a fact.

Suddenly I've had enough. I've had enough of the darkness, enough of the pain, enough of the suffering.

I force myself to open my eyes, force myself to look him in the eyes, force myself to let him know that I'm okay and that he wasn't the one who hurt me, he shouldn't feel bad.

Slowly my eyes open, everything is bright and blurry. Maybe I was dead...maybe this is what the afterlife was like.

No!

I wasn't going to tell myself that. I needed to focus on staying alive. Not being dead.

I moved my hands and felt the ground beneath me. It was clogged with blood. Finally I knew where the pain was coming from.

I had been stroked down in the he at of the battle.

And ever since I've been laying a a small pool of my blood.

Techno drops his sword making sure he had no way of hurting me. He runs over to me and gets on his knee's. He examines my body making sure that I only had the one cut on my side.

Once he knew that was it he pulled me into a hug. It hurt, and I was surprised. Suddenly the adrenaline kicked in and I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

The only thing I could feel and focus on was his warm embrace.

For a moment I had forgotten anything and everything. The only thing in my mind was nothing. I was blank, but I liked it that way. There was nothing to worry about it when your mind was blank.

Nothing to feel when your mind was blank.

But this feeling of bliss couldn't last forever. We both knew we had to escape. We both knew neither of us were welcome here anymore.

And without saying anything he stood up, grabbing me by my waist to help me up.

"Techno, we have to get-" He cut me off before I could say anything else, "Yeah...I know..."

He helped me walk, his hand never leaving my side. We walked through the castle halls leaving a trail off blood behind us illuminating our path to anyone who wanted to follow. But we didn't care. The only thing we cared about now was getting out of this hell hole.