Sore Loser

{Previously on The Kingdom Of Cupiditatem}

Angelica was still there, a look of smug confidence was embroidered onto her face. I looked over to Techno and Thea, they didn't prepare me for this. My heart clenched again, and the feeling of thick fog soon flew through the room again. The competition was far from over, and we all knew it.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Two contestants left Hmm...what shall we do?" She looked over at her husband who seemed to have been deep in thought when a soft "innocent" voice spoke up, "I suggest we do a quiz. Like where your majesties can ask us questions about what we would do as future Deus Sanguinis royalty." The room shifts their attention to Angelica, the chandelier above seemed to enhance her skins fare complexion.

The queen nods her head, "Very well...we shall do that. Mx, "she looks down at her paper."...Y/N
L/N...that name sounds so familiar...-" My heart clenched but the queen seemed to just shrug it off, "-please step outside as we question Miss Angelica Virtus."

I get up from my seat and walk outside of the dinning hall, my senses all felt as if they were growing rapidly. The room seemed to blur and I was sweating out of nervousness. I took a deep breath in, the strong sent of lavender pierced my lungs, a feeling of warmth and comfortability washed over me.

After a long time and a few murmurs to be heard inside later, Angelica walked out, "Your turn...good luck peasant."

I walk into the room, The queen and king were both standing up, parallel each other. The looked at me as I stood before them. I knew. No, we all knew, that this part was completely up to them. Neither Techno nor Thea could put a good word in for me now. Silence flowed through the air like a virus. The queen is handed a few scrolls, all of which she looks over cautiously.

Finally after looking through the scrolls, the queen averted her attention back to me. Her general but killing voice spoke out, "So, Y/N...It seems your kingdom is very big, that's good, you could help our kingdom stock up on resources." She looks back down at the scrolls, up at me, across to techno, back at the scrolls, then back to me again.

"Tell me, Y/N." This was it, I had to pay attention to every word she said, choosing my returning words with caution. I knew I would only have a few seconds to answer and I would have to smart but quick, "What would make you fit for the position of the next Queen/King/Royalty?"

I froze, I though about the question in my head. What makes a good queen? The question replayed in my head, as if it were a song on repeat. But it wasn't a song, there was no melody, only melancholy tensioning the air.

"Well...If your asking what makes good royalty, hence why I would be labeled as 'good royalty' the answer is simple." I tried to stay focused, making sure to ensure my dominance, showing that I wasn't to be pushed around with.

"Great leaders pose a clear vision, they are built off of integrity, honesty, humility and clear focus.... Great leaders help people reach their goals, and are not afraid to hire people that might be better than them and take pride in the accomplishments of those they help along the way...What makes me this, you may be finding yourself asking, is; I am calm and centered, being decisive and having personal integrity. Im hard working and energetic, well spoken, able to protect and maintain order, blessing others and acknowledging the efforts of other people." {99% of this paragraph isn't my writing, I literally got this off the internet cause how am I supposed to know that- 🤚}