40

(A week later)

Tonight had been another bust.

You quietly made it back to your dorm room and stashed your costume in one of your drawers.

This had been the fifth night you had snuck off campus to patrol through the city, and yet you still found yourself without a single lead.

Villain activity had been oddly low. You had hoped to find a villain who could potentially turn you in the right direction of the league, but all you had managed to come in contact with was a simple purse-snatcher.

Hawks hadn't come forward with any new information either, claiming that his luck had been just as bad as yours.

You sighed and put on a pair of comfortable clothes. If you were lucky then maybe you'd be able to get one or two hours of sleep before the day began.

After getting back to Bakugous dorm, you got into bed and crawled under the covers. You felt the mattress shift as he rolled over to face you.

"Anything cool go down tonight?" His voice was scratchy and you could tell that he was still half asleep.

"Not really, it was just normal patrol."

"Tch, that's boring. You'd think scouring the city with the number two hero would lead to at least one villain showdown."

You laughed and wrapped your arms around his.

"Your hands are cold." He grumbled.

"Shut up and go back to sleep."

He made a noise of disapproval but didn't make any efforts to move you.

----------------------------

Bakugou's POV:

He was awoken by something hitting him in the face.

"What the hell?!" He sat up and squinted in the light, and saw you standing over him with a pillow in hand.

"Get up, we're training." You threw the pillow back onto the bed.

"Oh, I am so gonna take you down for that."

"You're lucky I chose the pillow and not a water pitcher, come on it's your provisional license exam today and you've gotta be ready."

"I am ready dammit, I didn't need to be woken up for training that I don't need." He pushed the blankets off of him and stood.

You began walking to the door and looked back with challenge glistening in your eyes. "Are you just scared that I'm gonna kick your ass again?"

He glared, "I'll meet you outside. Just be prepared to follow up with all that talk of yours."

"Oh you know I always do."

After you stepped out of the room, he changed into his training outfit and splashed some water on his face.

This was actually something worth being woken up for, it had been too long since he'd had a training partner that would actually pose a challenge. Of course, he'd wanted to ask you a few times, but after recent events and the way you had been reacting to certain physical contact, he hadn't wanted to put you in a combat situation that would potentially make you uncomfortable.

But now that you had initiated it, he wasn't going to hold back.

When he made it outside he was hit with the cold air pressing into his skin. Looking around he tried to see where you were waiting, but it was hard to see anything with light from the rising sun shining in his eyes.