Chapter 2

"Okay I understand." I Sigh hanging up the phone. It's 9am on a Saturday and I applied for a job at a fast food restaurant a month ago and I apparently can't get the job because of my record.

I'm known around the city for theft but somehow I've never gotten extreme consequences. Maybe it's because I've learned from the best. My dad use to steal and bring me along when I was little and he's been in jail for 5 years now after getting caught. My mom died in a car accident when I was 6 and I was in foster care for 4 years. It was hell. Going from one abusive household to the next.

I remember one family in Portland. They took me in after being sent to 3 more before. They were known as the "miller's" and everyone around knew they were adopting me. Being 16 and growing up with a drug dealing father didn't help my image and all I ever wanted was to forget my past.

The Family had a little brother names Alex and a dog named buddy. Yeah, typical happy rich family.
They knew about my life before them and all they wanted was for me to feel safe but that wasn't the case.

The dads name was Allen and the day I moved in, I knew I couldn't trust him. "Okay baby girl, this is your room. Make yourself at home." He whisper to me, squeezing my arm before leaving." This is not the first time I've had a weird touchy family to adopt me but every time I looked into his eyes, all I seen was evil.

"How do you feel baby girl?" He whisper to me from across the kitchen table so the rest of the family couldn't hear him. I looked up to see nothing but pure evil and I was disgusted. "I'm fine." Was all I said before he joined back in with the rest of the conversations they were having.

Months went by of me living in this luxury house and nothing weird happened between the dad and I until one night I heard the door to my room crack open and I looked up to see him hovering over my bed. "Hi love. How are you sleeping?" I rub my eyes to see clearly. "Uh- I was sleeping well till you came and interrupted me." I roll my eyes.

He laughs this scary laugh and pushes me onto the bed. "Ouch! Stop!" He puts his hand over my mouth and pulls down my pants as I try to scream for help. "Stop moving. They can't hear you my sweet angel."
And the rest of the night was a blur.

Ever since then, I never trusted a soul and if you went through the same shit.. you wouldn't be able to either.