Chapter 35

"I'm gonna go get grocery's if you wanna come." I put on my shoes grabbing my keys. "Yeah I'll come."

"We should've made a list bil, it would've been easier knowing you. We're gonna be in here for 3 hours." She says as I park into the grocery store parking lot. "Can you just come on and have faith in my adulthood?"

"What kind of fruits do you want?" I say looking at everything. The grocery store makes me overwhelmed and anxious but it's part of being an adult so I have to learn how to do it. "Ohh let's get some pineapple.." she smirks putting it in the cart. "Pineapple for what? For me or you?"

"To just eat bil not for anything else-" I nodded walking to all the other aisles. As I go to grab some more orange juice.. I seen the one person I didn't wanna see at all today. Alexa.

"Uh hey dude.." she looks up and back down, grabbing milk and putting it in her cart. "Don't fucking talk to me bil." She starts to walk but I pulled her arm back to turn my way. "Listen ma.. you ruined it. You didn't have to say what you said to her and there's nothing more disrespectful than talking about my girlfriend the way you did. It was rude."

"I'm sorry.. I just really liked you and you're the one that led me on Billie. You didn't tell me about her till after we hung out and that's not fair on my end, and you didn't even apologize for getting me into something I never asked for. She's a nice girl I can tell but if my girlfriend cheated on me and brought the girl she cheated on me with to her house I would wanna kill me too." She has a point but I hate being wrong.

"I'm sorry. I was just fan girling and shit. It was a dream come true to even speak to you so what was I gonna do reject you?!" She laughs looking around and back at me. "Look. If you wanna go get dinner or something and keep what we have between us we can. Riley doesn't have to know." I'm not getting myself into this shit. She's making it very hard to say no with the way she's looking right now but I can't."

"No Alexa, we can't. I can't hurt her again and lose the one thing that's keeping me alive and if you can't respect that then we just can't be friends aight?" She nods looking at her phone and back at me. "Look I gotta go. I'll see you on set tomorrow okay?" And that's how you have control. It's not that hard.

-

"So I seen Alexa at the grocery store.." She looks up and stops eating. "What'd she say?" If I tell her the truth, it's gonna be this big thing but if I lie she's gonna find out. "I apologized for not letting her know about you. She basically wanted me to go behind your back and cheat again but I couldn't do it. I want you not her." She nods taking a bite of her salad.

"Yeah you know better." I hit her in the arm finishing my food and sitting on the couch. "Wanna watch a movie?" She sits down and picks up the remote turning on some show on Netflix. "Oh shit baby.. I forgot to go get the lawn mower."

"I Keep telling you that you have short term memory loss." It's not the time for her shit right now. "Can you be serious for once and come with me to get this shit because I'm not going over there by myself. He might try to kill me." We grab the keys, walking to the car.

"It's this house right here babe." She points to the left. I turn the car off staring at the house. "Are you gonna get out or are you gonna keep looking till he sees you through the window.." I get out the car waiting on her to get out. "You're not going with me?!"

"Stop being a pussy and go get the damn lawn mower. Just scream if you're dying and I'll use this." She grabs the gun out of the glove compartment, pointing it to me. "Do you wanna put that shit down or do you wanna shoot me in the fucking head?!" She laughs looking at it like a creep.

"You should teach me how to use this so I can be your backup man!" I lean back in the car, putting it back where it was and kissing her before slamming the door, walking to the house. "Lord. If I die tonight, don't send me to hell I'm sorry for being gay and liking pussy. Oh and stealing and all that shit. I'm so sorry bout that." I whisper waiting on the door to open.

"Oh hey young lady. The lawn mower is in the back if you wanna go around the yard with me." Mind you it's dark as hell outside and I can't see shit but Riley in the car waiting on me to come back. I follow him to a shed in the back. I have to be the dumbest person on earth for following him but if I die, it was meant to be.

"Here you go." He says handing it to me. "Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate it." He smiles awkwardly. I hate men so much. "No problem ma'am. No need to pay me or anything. it was all out of niceness." I wasn't paying him anyways.

"Okay thank you." As I turn around to push it back to the front yard, he taped my shoulder. "Do you wanna um.. come in for some dinner or something?"Fuck, here's where I die. "Uh my girlfriends waiting for me in the car and I don't want her sitting there by herself, maybe next time." He nods letting me go.

"I almost started running baby.." I say getting in the car. "Did he try to kidnap you?" She laughs kissing my cheek. "No but he's so weird. He's nice but weird looking. And then he took me to a fucking shed where I thought he was gonna murder me."

"I was gonna shoot his leg off if he tried to do anything. I have great reflexes, see.." She punched me in the arm with everything in her. "Do that shit again and we're getting a divorce young lady."

"How are we gonna get a divorce if we're not even married yet baby cakes." She squeezed my cheek turning the music up. "You've been calling me so many different names since we've met. Remember Charlie?"

"Yeah that was a good one. I should start calling you that again."