Chapter 7

I been home for a couple hours now, doing my daily night routine of feeding shark and laying reading this boring ass book I stole a while ago.

My head is still hurting from tonight. To be honest, it wasn't a horrible night at all. I don't remember grinding on a 50 year old or even leaving with Riley but I'm happy I did. It made me forget about my life problems for once.

I turn the lamp off, laying down in bed staring outside the window. If only my life could change without me trying but that's impossible.

-
It's been a few days since I've seen Riley and if I'm being honest, I kinda miss her annoying ass. I like how sarcastic she is and how naturally funny she can be regardless of how we met. I can't afford to catch feelings because the last time that happened, I was forced to go to church and repent for my sins.

All of the foster families I had, knew I was gay but none of them ever approved. I had a girlfriend once when I'm was 16 but it didn't last because I got moved and sent somewhere else within 4 months. Only because they found stolen clothes in my bag. Lame ass family.

So I've always forced myself to never catch feelings. That's probably why I'm so mean to everyone and why I never show soft emotions. I can't let these people know I'm a softy. As I'm folding the bed back in the couch, my phone dings.

Why is she just now texting me? It's been how many days? I could be dead or some shit

Why is she just now texting me? It's been how many days? I could be dead or some shit. As I start typing back, I get a call.

"Hello?" I hear someone clear their throat on the other end. "Uh- hey it's Riley. You took too long to reply so I was just tryna make sure you weren't kidnapped or dead in a ditch or something." I rolled my eyes. "You literally just texted me two seconds ago." I laughed quietly, hoping she didn't hear me.

"Two seconds is a long time if you think about it. But, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out later or something? I don't have much to do tonight and I'm kinda bored. Also I kinda miss your highlighter head." I swear this girl is going to be the death of me. "You're so annoying. Yeah sure I guess. I'll pick you up at like 10 if you want." I look at the time on the clock. "Okay that's fine. Drive safe please." She says softly. "I will. Bye bozo."

I should've said no. What the hell.