Chapter 31

As I'm driving to work, I turn back around. "I can't fucking leave her home alone, what the fuck is wrong with me." I whisper. I should go get her some snacks and her favorite candy. Just watch movies all day. That's probably all she needs right now. Comfort.

I quietly walk up the stairs into to the room, to a sleepy headed girl. I peck her nose. "Baby mama.." I whisper. She looks up confused. "What are you doin back so early, I thought you had to work." I pulled out a bag from behind my back. "I got you something." I smile pulling out everything.

"Oreos, starburst, cheez its, Doritos, m&ms.." she smiled sitting up. "Thank you baby.." she whispered pulling me into a hug. "Mhm." I take my shoes off, sitting down next to her as she opens her Oreos. "And you got my favorite too!" She smiles widely, wiggling her eyebrows. "Of course mama." I laugh grabbing the computer.

"You wanna watch a movie? You can pick this time." She nods grabbing the computer and turning on the grinch. "I thought you hated when we watched this?" I said looking over at her. "Yeah.. but I know you love it." She whispers kissing my lips. Now this is the girl I fell in love with.

-

"YOU CANNOT DO THIS BILLIE!" My manager yells from the other line. "It was an emergency! I couldn't make it to work today dude I'm sorry." He huffs trying to figure out what to say next to make me mad. "Do this shit again and you're fired. I'm not kidding." And he hangs up.

"FUCK!" I yelled throwing the phone across the kitchen floor. "What happened?" Riley says coming down the stairs. "Nothing baby. Go back upstairs I'm good." She walks up to me and raps her arm around my waist. I kissed her forehead, not wanting to let go. "Just breathe." She whispers. I remember that's what Alexa said her tattoo meant- no Billie stop thinking about her right now damn.

"Let's go get some ice cream.." she says grabbing her keys. "I'll drive!" I say snatching them from her and running. "BITCH!" She yells trying to catch me as I ran to the car. "Here you go.." I say opening the for her. "Thank you." I walk to the other side, getting in.

"Put on tame impala, I wanna scream." I say looking over at her before pulling out the drive way. She turns on "The less I know the better." I put my hand on her thigh and she flinches. "That hurts-" she whimpers taking my hand away from her leg. "Why?" I say pulling into the ice cream place.

"I cut there too.." you can tell she was embarrassed to say that but there's nothing to be embarrassed about. "Oh.. okay well I won't do it again." I say leaning over and kissing it softly so I wouldn't hurt her.

"Can you die from getting a brain freeze that's too cold?" She laughs taking a bite of her ice cream. "I don't know.. why would I know that?" I smile hitting her in the arm. "Baby!" She yells. "Oh I'm sorry I forget mama." I kissed her arm, rubbing it. "How does one forget that fast? You have short term memory loss."

"Shut up.. no I don't" I put my spoon in her ice cream taking a bite. "That shit slaps!" She looked at me with her mouth wide open. "Take my food again and you won't have your hands when you wake up in the morning." Wow that's so disrespectful.