Chapter 11

I honestly could care less. All I wanted was to make sure that I don't fuck this up like I do everything else.

"You need to have it by tomorrow or you're out!" The landlord just came to my apartment about the rent that was due two weeks ago but I don't have the money to pay for it right now. I have no where else to go so I gotta figure out what to do.

"Shit shit shit!" I yelled as loud as I could, wanting everybody to hear my pain. As I'm cleaning up, I get a face time from Riley. I can't do this right now dude.

"Hey. Just wanted to say hey and I miss you." She says softly, smiling on the other end. Damn I missed her bright smile so much. It's been almost a week since what happened but we haven't talked about it yet. I honestly don't plan on that shit though because I don't wanna say the wrong thing.

"I miss you too mama. How you been?" She hesitates before continuing. "Uh- um I'm fine." I can tell she wasn't and usually she smiles after every little sentence but that wasn't the case this time. "What's wrong shorty? You look like you seen a ghost."

She turns her phone over and doesn't say anything
"Hel-" I hear a loud bang in the background. What the hell is going on? "Hey dad. What's up?" She says as nicely as she could. "Where the fuck were you the other night." Why does he sound like an angry ass kid?

"I uh- I went with my friend to a art store and we went to a picnic.. why?" You can tell she was nervous to say that. I don't know if I should hang up because I don't wanna hear something i shouldn't. "So you like girls now huh?! You wanna go burn in hell?! HUH?! DO YOU.. YOU LITTLE SLUT!"

"No dad! She's just a friend I swear. There's nothing going on. I don't even like girls and I told you already that I have a boyfriend. You can meet him if you want. I promise she's a nobody!" She comes back to sit on the bed, turning her phone over and realized I was still on the other end.

This is exactly why I don't catch feelings. Prime example.