Chapter 6

I open my eyes, looking over to see her beside me.

"Where the fuck am I?" I know damn well this girl didn't bring me to her house. She sits up and faces me. "You blacked out after you started dancing on this girl with a red mullet. Too be honest, she was really pretty but she was like 50 or something."

"You let me grind on a fucking 50 year old?" She laughs and hands me some water and two small pills. "I'm not your parent. What was I gonna do, pull you away? You were black out drunk." I roll my eyes before looking down at the pills in my hand. "How do I know you're not gonna kill me with this shit?" I say shaking them in my hand.

"It's Tylenol dumbass. And who has time to kill people?" She says standing up and turning the light on. "Ouch, damn. Turn them mfs off! My head hurts." I yell. She turns them off and plops down back on the bed. "You know.. you're kind of a grumpy kid. You never smile or anything." She says to me as I take the pills.

"You don't even know me. Why should I trust you with my smile." I say taking off my hoodie. "Are you being serious? It's a smile. It's not like I can take it off of your face." She started laughing at her own joke. What the hell is wrong with this girl?

"The fact that you're laughing at your own joke as if it's funny.. really says a lot about you." I wipe my eyes before standing up, barely being able to walk.
"Where are you going?" She says standing up with me. "Home." I don't think she realizes that I just met her like a day ago. She could try to kill my ass. That's fair though because I tried to do the same shit so I don't blame her.

"I'm not letting you walk home, you can barely stand. Mostly because of all that jewelry you got on." I look down at my neck. "You got so many jokes don't you huh?" She smiles and nods. "Well I gotta go because I have a dog at home to take care of and I can't leave him at home by himself all night."

"Okay I'll drop you off then." She grabs her keys, putting on a jacket. "I'm fine, I can take a Uber." I say with a straight face. I cannot stay in a car with her for more than 3 mins, She's so damn annoying. "Why are you so mean? I should be the one rude because you tried to fucking kidnap me. But not only that, you tried to steal from me but somehow I'm the one being nice."

She's got a point but I honestly could care less. My head is pounding, I can't even think straight. "And I'm just trying to help." She whispers playing with the bottom of her jacket. "I didn't ask for your help though. Now let me go." I say walking to the door. She grabs my arm before I could open the door. "No.. thank you Riley for keeping me safe for the night? That's so rude of you." Is she being serious right now? I hate her so much.

"Thank you shorty." That was so hard for me to say out loud. I start to walk out before she grabs my arm again. "Wait.. can I um- can I get your number to make sure you get home safe?" She looks up at me. "If it helps you sleep at night, yeah." She smiles at me and runs to get her phone off of the bed. She runs back but trips over her shoe.

"HAHA.. dumbass." I burst out in laughter. "I coulda broke my esophagus." I look at her confused before grabbing her phone. "That doesn't even make sense." I'm not gonna lie, she's funny as hell, but annoying at the same time.

"Bye dude." She smiles opening the door for me. "Bye Charlie." I roll my eyes before walking down the stairs to leave.