Chapter 50

"Okay yeah I will. I love you too. Bye."

"Who was that?" I sat up, pushing the covers off of my body. "My dad. He was just checking on us and I had to lie again and say we were back at home." I hate lying to him but I also can't have him worrying about something he can't fix. "Let's just tell him the truth. Maybe he can help us find a place."

"Baby he can't even find a place for himself so what makes you think he can help us? I'm grown and I don't want my dad tryna save the day. I got this shit." I don't mean to be harsh about it but I've always told myself that once I turn 18, I can't depend on anybody but myself and I meant that even when I struggled the most.

"There's nothing wrong with help though baby. We obviously need it.." Convincing me of things doesn't work on me, only on her. "I said I got it Riley. Just please drop it." She threw her phone on the bed, slamming the bathroom door behind her. "All you do is run away from your problems. Can you stop that shit?!" I yell, waiting on a angry girl to come storming back in to scream at me again.

Round 62 of dumbass arguments that lead to absolutely no where. "I'm not even gonna respond to that because I know all you want is attention and I'm not gonna be the one to give it to you." Oh so now we're playing this game? "Whatever. Let's just find another apartment so we can get outta this shit hole."

-

"What about this one?" She shows me the 10th picture of a random apartment that doesn't even look remotely close to what we had before. "Listen I'm not tryna live in a fucking garbage bag Riley. Everything you've shown me looks exactly like that trash can right there." I point to the one in the corner. "Well you look then since you're not satisfied. I'm gonna go get some ice from the ice machine down the hall." I nodded, grabbing my phone and scrolling.

It's been a while since Riley left. Usually I don't panic but something doesn't feel right. I tried calling her phone, no answer. I called one more time and on the last ring, she answered. "B-baby.. I'm scared please come here.." She whispers, hanging up in my face before I could respond. Well, here we go again. I grab my gun, putting it in my back pocket and running out the door.

"Excuse me ma'am.. where are the ice machines on this floor? She points down the hall, leading me to her. "Baby?!" I whisper, looking around. "I'm r-right here.." I walk in, seeing her body as close to the corner as possible. "What happened? Did the ice man get you?" I laugh walking up to her and pulling her up by the arm.

"N-no stop it's not funny. This man came up to me and handed me this but he had a gun to my head and told me not to scream." She handed me a paper with a number and a name on it. "What did he look like baby? Did he have long curly black hair and tattoos on his face?" She nodded, grabbing the ice bucket with her hands still shaking from the fear of a gun pointed to her head. "Fuck.. it was Adam. How the hell did he find us?!"

"Who the fuck is Adam?!" Here we go. "Let's go to the room and I'll tell you."