The Castle Pt. 1

So. I know I hinted that James was killed to but I never actually said it outright. Matthew just assumed. And James is a very smart King. ;3 And I added a not o last chapter.

   "Mattie. Did you just get a really weird feeling when we came to this AU...?" Matthieu asked his counterpart.

   Matthew looked over at the spirit and paused. "I did... Like a pull." He opened up a code panel. "We're near the center of the omniverse."

   "The center... As in... Where the castle used to be?" Matthieu asked suddenly a lot more fidgety.

   Matthew nodded and closed the panel. "Strange. I can't see anything there. We can come back to this AU later. Hey Glitchy! I'm heading out! Don't wait up!"

   Somewhere a ways away Karma shouted something that sounded like 'okay.'

   "Are we really going there?" Matt asked softly.

   "Yes." Matthew opened up a portal and stepped through. He stopped in his tracks as his feet hit cobblestone. His eyes widened.

   Matthieu froze in place as his eyes flickered through all the stages of grief in an instant. A low whine started building in his throat.

   Matthew stared. "I thought you destroyed it..."

   "I thought I did..." Matthieu mumbled barely audible.

   Matthew took off his heels clicking on the ground. If the castle was here... Maybe... Somehow.

   It was just how he remembered. It seemed smaller through. He felt the tears slipping down his face. "Dad? Dad!?" He had to find his father!

   "Hey you! Stop right there!" A voice snapped.

   Matthew stopped in place. Matthieu stayed close by just in case. He was... having a hard time taking everything in.

   "State your business here!" The voice said again. It sounded young. Like a child.

   "Show yourself." Matthew called.

   "No way! I'm not stupid."

   Matthew turned and whisked his leg under the curtain. The boy came toppling down. He was dressed in red. A crown fell off his head.

   "Ow! Hey! What was that for you jerk!?" He snapped glaring up at the taller man. Wow. Matthew is the taller one.

   "Who are you? Why are you here?" Matthew wasn't in the mood to play games with this child.

   The other scooted back against the wall. "DAD!"

   There were footsteps. Matthew looked up and froze. His face looked so muh older... Had it really been that long. The older male froze as well. Matthieu's breathing hitched behind Mattie.

   "Matthew..?"

   "Dad?" Matthew gasped out.