Charlie Miraculous

Charlie wasn't sure when it happened. He noticed when the other started dragging him to things. Fortune had been hanging around Charlie since he started being able to get some alone time. Charlie was almost sure Matthew put him up to this... But Fortune stuck around and talked and talked about anything. It was annoying.

   "So that's the first time I felt joy like true joy. Cuz you know I told you I had never felt emotions like that before I became Fortune. I technically didn't have a soul until then. Honestly I don't know where my soul came from but y'know I'm not complaining."

   "Okay stop. What are you doing?" Charlie hissed out.

   "What?" Fortune paused confused.

   "Why are you doing this? All you do is follow me around and talk. Is Matthew put you up to this you might as well give it up." Charlie crossed his arms.

   Fortune went silent with one deep blue circle eye and one purple exclamation. "You remind me of Karma right after our multiverse was fixed. He was so... sad and lonely. He had been the "bad guy" all his life and then suddenly he wasn't. He tried to stay by himself but Mattie pulled him out of his shell. I feel bad for making Karma like that so... I dunno i guess this is sorta my way of making it up to him? I think that might be guilt but like I said I'm not really good with emotions. I couple probably–"

   "Okay stop. You can follow me or whatever. I just wanted to know if Matthew put you up to it." Charlie regretted asking. Fortune was so loud. He supposed he didn't mind the talking though, he tuned it out anyway.

   "Alright! So anyway about the party–"

   "I told you no about that."

   "Come on–"

   "Don't push it."

   Charlie grew quite used to Fortune's presence over the weeks. He even started to find the other funny. He was surprised when he found himself enjoying Fortune's company.

   Adam had always been Charlies favorite sibling. Adam never seemed to care about much. He was a middle child hardly noticed by their father. Adam also seemed quickest to re-accept Charlie.

   "It's kinda weird knowing Nicky is next in line. I mean good for him I don't want the throne anyway but its strange to know it isn't you."

   "No kidding. I kinda fucked that up for myself." Charlie sighed.

  "Just a bit." Adam snickered.

   "There you are! I've been looking like everywhere! Come on I wanna show you something!!!" Fortune dashed up taking Charlie's arm.

   Charlie found himself smiling. "I guess I had nothing better to do."

   "Ouch?"

   Charlie shot a glare at his younger brother. "Where are we going?"

   "Come on!" Fortune dragged Charlie off.

   "Okay where are you dragging me?" Charlie sighed softly.

   "I just gotta show you something!" Fortune flashed a smaller more controlled grin.

   Charlie flushed a little and pulled his hand away. "Alright but stop dragging me." He chuckled.

   "Fine. Fine! Come on." Fortune bounced on his toes and headed off.

   Charlie rolled his eyes and trailed after the other. He paused walking into the small room. "What is this?"

   The lights flipped off revealing a small table with a candle lit on it. "Eat with me..? Please?" Fortune asked with a small smile and a rainbow flush. His hand was outstretched waiting for Charlie's answer.

   Charlie stared at the scene. It was oh so...  classic and romantic. His face heated up. "Are you asking me on a date? Me? You know what I did right???"

   Fortune laughed softly, oh stars Charlie liked that soft laugh."Of course I do. But look at you now."

   Charlie couldn't argue about that... He chuckled and reached out to take Fortune's hand. "I'll let you charm me."

   Fortune beamed and pulled Charlie over. "Glad you said yes. I asked Adam for help actually. He was stalling while I set this up."

   "That's what that was?" Charlie chuckled sitting down.

   "Yeah." He giggled snd sat across from Charlie.

   Charlie had to admit... He liked this. He felt like he was important to someone finally.