Karma and Mattie meet - ???

Matthew and Error come from just after Multiverse Error appeared... so a little after EFNF.

   "Starlight where are we?" Karma asked. 

   Matthew looked around and then at his feet with a defeated sigh. "Okay just go ahead and skip the intro because if you don't you won't finish this. Who?"

   "What in the world..?"

   Mattie turned toward the voice. Clearly an older version of him. Pre Matthieu's return. That put him anywhere between Fate and Destiny's fight and the multiverse collapse. "Don't bother trying to escape. You can't leave."

   The other Matthew looked up and blinked. "I see. Where are we then? Or should I say when?"

   "Quite a ways into the future depending on when you are from." Mattie hummed. "What is the last thing you remember happening in the multiverse?" The word Multiverse felt sour on his tongue. 

   "Well... The Refresh AU placeholders just went home and locked their AU. Their replacements have formed." 

   As if on cue another voice spoke up. "where the hell am I? This isn't the anti-void!? who the hell are you?!"

   Karma groaned and put his face in his hands. "Oh no..."

   Past Matthew raised a brow. "I'm confused."

   "Don't worry about him he's fine." Matthew sighed. "Karma fix Error please."

   "Stars don't say that. It makes me so uncomfortable." Karma shuddered. "Listen us two are from the future. You're alright here so just relax."

   Error frowned and crossed his arms standing away from the rest. "Its quiet here."

   "Hah yeah you get used tot he quiet eventually." Karma rubbed the back of his neck. 

   Past Matthew blinked again. "Why are you so friendly with him...? Our vow-"

   "Yeah the vow is gone now." Matthew was too tired to deal with this. He never thought he'd want to go back to his therapy session. 

   "Why? Last time-" Past Matthew cut himself off. 

   "They aren't dead. None of them are dead." 

   Past Matthew's eyes widened. "What?"

   Error glanced between the three. "Okay what am I not filled in on. If those two are the same person are you-"

   "Yes. And there is a lot you don't know." Karma nodded his head and the two of them went off to talk. 

   "They aren't... But Matthieu-" 

   "Didn't kill them. And it wasn't Matt. It was the Virus." 

   Matthew blinked. "Virus? What Virus?"

   Mattie sucked his teeth and sighed. "A lot happens in the future... The Virus that you were born with and transferred to Matt. The Virus that was a really bad guy but still somehow kept you from turning into the bad guy. The Virus that caused so many people to get hurt in the first place. The Virus that has been dead for years but he still wont leave me alone because without him things just got worse and I hurt everyone and i got so sick i couldn't care for my own children properly because my power is like a self destruct button which left unchecked could destroy everything I love-"

   "Mattie! Mattie Starlight breathe..." Karma had his arms around his husband. 

   Mattie sucked in a deep aching breath. His chest still hurt when he panicked like this. His shoulders trembled lightly. "I'm sorry-"

   "It's okay Mattie... It's okay."

   Matthew had tight lips and a pale face. He looked... processing. Stone cold at the moment. 

   Error looked concerned. "Is he... alright?"

   Karma rubbed Mattie's back gently. "He'll be okay... He's just had a rough time recently." HE sighed softly rocking on his feet to calm his husband. "C'mon Starlight. You with me?"

   "Mhmm..." Mattie pulled away and wipe his face. "I apologize. I got carried away..."

   Matthew didn't respond save for the small hum of acknowledgement. 

   The room faded into white. "What's happening?!" Error shrieked.

   "It's fine. You won't remember this anyway." And the chapter was over as quick as it began.