Fortunate

Fortune was having a bad day. Nothing particularly bad had happened. He just wasn't up for it today.

   Matthew and Karma and Taylor and Matt are so happy. They're so content. Fortune feels seperated from them. But he also feels sperated from home.

   Or at least what was home. Before the almost collapse of the multiverse. That reveal was a bombshell. Fate was the bad guy... Fortune couldn't believe it back then. He still couldn't believe it sometimes. Fate wasn't even the real Fate apparently.

   And everything had continued changing. The omniverse. Castle. AUs he had never seen before. An entire race outside of a specific AU. Fortune couldn't get his head around it.

   The people in AU's didn't notice the change. Glitchy adjusted quite well. Fortune didn't get it...

   "Fortune..?"

   Fortune looked up and wiped his eyes. "Sup Glitchy?" He smiled at Karma. They're friends right? Are they friends?

   "What are you doing?" Karma asked sitting beside him.

   Fortune sighed. "I was just thinking. About the past."

   "You? Really?" Karma hummed in amusement.

   "Not funny." Fortune muttered.

   Karma frowned. Okay this was serious... "What about?"

   "Things. How everything has changed and gone so fast." Fortune sighed softly.

   "I know what you mean... " Karma sighed. "Mattie is so enthusiastic about everything here and it's strange."

   " Really..? But you were adjusting so well."

   "On the surface maybe. Its still pretty confusing to think about. " Karma shrugged.

   "Do you ever... I dunno... Miss your old name..? " Fortune missed being called Ink sometimes. Sure he had something new now but.... was he still Ink?

   Karma sighed. "I do. Occasionally. Error is still written on my forehead so I'll never really forget it." He sighed. "But it is strange going by something new after so long with Error as my name. Its a good feeling though. Feels better than being called what is essentially a mistake."

   Fortune hummed and nodded. "I miss my friends. Dream... and Blue... and everyone else."

   "No one said you had to stop being friends with them." Karma offered up.

   Fortune blinked. "But we're like... all powerful and stuff. "

   "So? You're still you. Even if you're a little different now. And I'm still me. Ink and Error." Karma hummed. "I'm sure they've missed you."

   Fortune smiled. "Yeah. Thanks Glitchy. When did you get so wise?"

   "I think sometime between becoming a god and dating a magic prince." Karma shrugged.

   Fortune snickered. "Im gonna go see Dream."

   "Have fun." Karma smiled as Fortune portaled away.