Literally Therapy... + Fluff

"Mr. Miraculous... I want to change things up. I would like a list of all the things that stuck with you. Things you never got the chance to properly process that lead to your PTSD."

   Matthew looked down at his hands with a shaky breath. "You sure..? Theres... A lot." 

   "Please go on."

   Matthew took a deep breath and clutched his hands together. "It started when I returned from my first and last original creation. Cardtale was my masterpiece and my addition to the Omniverse. I returned home for the first time in nearly a month... and things had changed. My mother and father didn't even acknowledge my existence. I realized this was because of Matthieu. I attempted to delete him... But it didn't work. I realize now that was because of the Virus... He went on a rampage. He attacked me. I remember getting out into capital city and seeing people slaughtered in front of my eyes. I see some of them now and still think about that... And then I got to the gates of the city... Matthieu was already there with Mum. Mum opened a portal behind me... He stabbed her... and I was dragged inside the portal. The Omniverse broke apart after that and I... Vowed never to interfere with the code again."

   "And this was the start of it..?" The therapist asked gently. They had been around during the Shattering. They knew what it was like. It was traumatic for a lot of Watchers. 

   "Yes..." Matthew twiddled his thumbs. 

   "After that...?"

   "My Multiverse began to get crowded. AU's started to collide. My code was almost deleted in the process." Sometimes he thinks it would be better if that did happen. 

   "And during this time you met the lesser gods and your other companion?"

   "Yes... Karma and Fortune helped restore the multiverse. Crayola was a part of that too. So I kept them around. I helped close off the wormholes in the multiverse. Not long after that Matthieu found me because I was using my power. I... killed him..." Matthews voice hitched for a moment. "I enacted the Hard Reset that restored the Omniverse. It pushed the the Virus out of Matthieu. I couldn't hold onto him. He fell into the void." 

   "I see. That explains his spirit form."

   "Yes... He returned not long after but still... I suppose the next thing was finding out about the Lost Generation." Matthew wiped his eyes lightly. "I had no idea. Taylor returned after the war with the Virus. I had never heard of a Taylor Fantastic. His father yes but never him... My father pulled me aside and explained. It was... me that was born with the Virus. My power was unchecked so the Virus... checked it for me... It got rid of all those people. And then Striking attempted to kill me and my siblings and take the throne. And the court situation... And my brothers take over... My son almost betrayed me... My breakdown" Matthew was spiraling.

   "That's enough Matthew... We're done for now..."

   Matthew wiped his eyes. "Thank you..."

   "Ill see you next week."

   "Yeah. See you." Mattie got up to head out. 

   Karma was waiting outside. "Are you okay starlight...? I heard what was going on..."

   "Mmm." Was all Mattie could manage. He hugged his husband close and buried his face in Karma's chest. "I'm okay."

   Karma sighed and kissed his husbands head. "I love you."

   "Love you too..."