Its my Birthday Today..?

(Pre No Chance)

   Matthew couldn't remember the last time he celebrated his birthday. He couldn't even remember what day it was. The last time he did it had to bw before the Omniverse split... It split in June so perhaps a year before? He couldn't remember the specifics. He did remember huge celebrations for his birthday.

   "Did you hear me starlight? When is your birthday?"

   "No I heard you... I don't remember." Mattie admitted.

   Karma went still. "You don't remember?"

   "No. I never celebrated it during my exile and ever since we met things have been one after another almost so I don't think about it." He shrugged.

   "Oh... "

   Matthew thought that was the end of it.

   When he walked into the banquet hall he froze.

   "Happy birthday Starlight." Karma smiled standing in front of the decorated hall.

   "Happy birthday dad!" All three children chirped.

   "Happy birthday Matthew." Viral smiled from his place behind Mattie. "Max dragged me into this too."

   A chorus of other congratulations came from the rest of the people in the room.

   Matthew opened his mouth and closed it. He tried again but nothing came. He blinked a few tears away. "Today... Today is my birthday..?"

   "It is Starlight. Your mother told us and we planned all of this for you." Karma pressed a kiss to Matthews forehead.

   "Really?" Matthew asked with a watery smile. He turned to look for his mum.

   Charlene stepped forward. "I wish I could see how happy you look Mattie... "

   "Thanks mum... " Matthew embraced his mother and nuzzled close.

   Charlene rubbed her oldest sons back. "I love you darling."

   "Love you too mum... "