Chapter-5

SEJAL'S POV:-

It was night time and I was cooking the dinner. I made Riddhi's favourite shahi paneer for today was the day to celebrate victory. Finally, today Riddhi was able to give her statement and her interview was continuously running on all the news channels. It must have created havoc in that Raisinghania's life. Riddhi is feeling so happy today and looking at her happy face gives me immense joy. So in short, both of us were extremely happy.

''Sejal'' Riddhima called me and I hummed in response.
''What is in there for the dinner today. The aroma is so nice.'' She asked in taking a breath as if smelling the tasty food.
''Well, since today, you are so happy, so I decided to prepare your favourite food, that is, shahi paneer.'' I replied with a smile.
''That's so nice of you, my dear Sejal. I love you for this.''
''Oh Riddhima, stop buttering me now and help me set the table.''
''Yeah, I am coming. Just let me blow dry my hair and I would be at your service madam. But I am not able to find the dryer. Do you know where is it?''

Riddhi can be so dramatic at times. I always wonder how her future husband is going to tackle with her.

''It is in the drawer of the dressing table.'' I replied.
''But I am not able to find it in my drawer.'' She shouted telling me.
She shouted at me because of that silly hair dryer.

''No, no, it's not in your drawer. It is in the drawer of the guest room.'' I replied calmly.
''And why is it there?'' She asked getting irritated.
Wow, now she is irritated at me because she couldn't find the hair dryer.
''Because I could not find any better place for it.'' I shouted back.

Ok so we can say that this is my typical quality. I know, I can be so calm at a moment but if you try shouting at me then I do not keep quiet and just leave you. It becomes an eye for an eye then. She understood and quietly moved to the guest room and started blow drying her hair. I smiled thinking how well she knows me. No matter how much we shout or yell at each other but we know that the only constant in our lives are both of us only. I always thank god for sending Riddhi in my life. She is my best friend, my sister, my only family. I can't afford losing her at any cost not even at the cost of losing my own life.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard our door bell ringing. Who could be at this hour? It's dinner time and no one visits us at this time.

''Sejal, will you please open the door? I am not done with my hair yet.'' I heard Riddhi requesting me. Since I was done with my work and I was just cleaning the work top, I replied her in affirmative.
''Sure.'' I said and went to open the door.

The person kept on ringing the bell until I opened the door. Such an impatient person. I opened the door and found a man standing at the door. He was tall, lean and muscular. He had dark brown hair and slight greenish eyes. He was wearing a formal suit. He looked rich. As I our eyes met, his eyes held mine as if in some trance. The world seemed to stop and it was only him and me.

As reality dawned upon me, I just averted my gaze. Realizing our state, he too did the same.

''Is Riddhima at home?'' He asked me.

Now what does he has to do with her? I know all her friends and most of her colleagues but this was some unknown man.

''May I know your name please?'' I asked him politely not hinting whether Riddhi is at home or not.

''Madam, look just call Riddhima, she knows me well. I need to talk to her about something very important.'' He replied.

''Sir, you tell me your name please and how do you know Riddhima. Then only, I will be able to help you. Are you any of her colleagues?'' I again asked him.