Chapter-33

AUTHOR'S POV:-

Riddhima sighed and turned away from the scene that she had been watching from her window. A lone tear made its way on her cheek and she wiped it away harshly with the back of her hand. She was ashamed of herself for feeling as such but she could not help it.

Both Sejal and Aangre were in the garden, spending time with each other. She saw it all, how their faces glowed as they both basked in the warmth of each other. As Sejal let a butterfly rest on her index finger, Aangre, supported her waist from behind and twirled her around. Their giggles filled in the environment, sending a positive and 'so much in love' vibe throughout the area.

Technically, she should have been happy for her friend who had found her soulmate because of the whole fiasco but she just could not. She could not force herself to feel happy when her own life was a mess. She bound to a man who suffered from a mental disorder and who denied divulging any further details about his past or his obsession with her. 

Though he was changing, and changing for good, but was that enough? She had the right to choose a man for herself and live her normal life with him. The life she was living was something that she hadn't even dreamt of in any way. She had all the luxuries, she had a husband who was gorgeous but only she knew what was going on, on the inside. He was a man with IED. He was a murderer whom somehow his family supported. 

''Riddhima! Can we come in?'' Sejal's voice broke her chain of thoughts. She faced the door with a slight smile on her face, asking her to enter with a nod. Both Aangre and Sejal entered the room, looking at each other's faces as if indicating the other person to start the conversation. She raised her eyebrows as she looked at both of them.

''Riddhi! I..uu.. We need to tell you something!'' Sejal started and Riddhima nodded her head indicating her to continue.

''Actually, we both love each other! I know this was something I should have shared with you earlier, because of us being soul sisters, but-'' Sejal spoke in a breath and Aangre took over.

''But she was scared of your reaction bhabhi! Both of us feared yours and bhai's reactions because of the ongoing situation. That is why we kept the relation under wraps.'' He finished and Riddhima raised one of her eyebrows.

''Maybe you should use the keyword, tried!'' She turned around to face the opposite wall, her back towards them.

''What do yo-oh my god! You have gotten to know about it? But how?'' Sejal was astonished. Her friend was so calm and composed even after she had known the truth. That was something she never did because from the very beginning, both the girls had made it a point to share the happenings of their lives as soon as possible so that it would be easier to do damage repairs if and when required.

''Well, your PDA gave you away! And Sejal, I have never seen you happier than this with any of your previous dates, so I guess that settles it down!'' She shrugged her shoulders as Sejal smiled sheepishly.

''This is for you Aangre! If you dare hurt as much as a single hair of her body or a single neuron of her mind, I must tell you, I would not be taking that lightly!'' She warned Aangre and he rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

Cordially hugging each other, the couple departed and Riddhima was left alone with her thoughts. 

It was evening, the hues of red and orange adorning the sky, but Riddhima did not switch on the light bulbs of her room. Instead, she had covered the windows with the thick curtains, that remained hanging by their sides. Sitting on the floor, back resting against the bed, opposite the door to her room, she had her knees close to her chest and hands resting on them. Staring into oblivion, she sniffled, as tears streamed down her face.