Chapter-29

ISHANI'S POV:-

''BHAI!'' I shouted as I saw his eyes getting closed. Aangre ran to his side and tried to wake him up, but to no avail. Dadi had tears in her eyes, afterall, seeing the Raisinghania heir, once again in this vulnerable position. Siya was also by bhai's side, sprinkling water on his face, but nothing was working on him. He was laying still with very shallow breathing. Tears welled up in my eyes as the thought of losing my brother came to my mind. No! That would never happen. I chided myself for such thoughts.

I saw Aangre get up and call the doctor. He needs to be here as soon as possible. Dadi's stumble caught my attention. How could I forget that even slightest of stress could lead to deterioration of her health. I caught hold of her and made her sit on the chair. Sejal handed her a glass of water while Mrs D'souza also came to her aid. I nodded and Sejal along with Mrs D'souza took Dadi to her room. Though she was adamant at first but we somehow convinced her.

"I am taking him back to the room. The doctor would be here any minute." Aangre spoke while I and Sia nodded.

"You! Come here and help me." He ordered two of the servants. All three of them together lifted bhai up, very carefully and led him to his room. His whole face had turned red. Damn! In all this, I forgot looking for the root cause of this.

Sia also went behind them while two people stayed back. Riddhima was looking down all this while, being the silent spectator. All of this happened after he ate his food. There must be something in his food. Yes! There has to be something in his food. Oh God! Bhai doesn't have any allergy to any of the food items except for this one thing. Damn!

I quickly, picked up the spoon and tasted the dish from his plate. The dish which we ate was absolutely fine but his dish had excess of chilli powder. Damn this girl! I know that she prepared the dinner tonight and it has to be her who would have made his food excessively spicy. 

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. Now how do I tell her that bhai is intolerant to spice. He cannot even tolerate a single flake of chilli in his food and here it seems as if this girl had added one whole packet of red chilli powder.  I felt so angry but more than angry, I was helpless. I was helpless. My brother was lying on bed, unconscious, trying to breathe.

Riddhima moved from her place, lost in her own thoughts but I blocked her way. Its time that this girl gets a reality check.

"Ishani, let me go." She spoke in an exhausted voice.

"Not before you answer my questions." I snapped at her.

"I am not answerable to you." She replied.

"Oh yes you are! You are when it comes to my brother's life. You wanted revenge, right? That is why you added to much spice in my brother's food, specifically? Answer me Riddhima! Is your revenge this strong that you can even murder a person?" I shouted as more and more tears made their way.

"Ishani, listen to me. First of all, I did not add this much spice intentionally. I agree that I wanted to not let him have food in peace by ruining it but as I tilted the jar of the chilli powder to sprinkle some of it, its lid opened completely and whole of it fell down in the bowl." She replied. Oh she thinks that I will believe her.

"And you did not even try to rectify your mistake? Why would you? After all this is what you wanted right? See, you have got successful. Do you even realize Riddhima, what have you done? You foolish woman! This much spice was no less than poison for him. Since his childhood, he is intolerant to spice. Once, mistakenly, he ate such food at his friend's birthday party and complained of uneasiness. Before we could take him to doctor, he fainted, right in front of our eyes, just as happened today. Just think what would that old woman have gone through, after seeing her little grandson in that condition, that day and you had to make the history repeat itself in front of her, in the name of a mistake."