Chapter-19

VANSH'S POV:-

It was the haldi day today. Currently, I was in my room reminiscing all the precious moments from yesterday. Yes, yesterday, I  and Riddhima got engaged. It felt so good to see the ring of my name on her finger. She was officially my fiancée now. I don't have words to express the burst of emotions I am having in my heart right now. Riddhima looked a bit sad and depressed and I know the reason why.

Heck, I am the reason. My heart, every single time I be the reason of her misery or sadness or tears, gets pierced with a thousand needles. She thinks that I do not care about her happiness or I do not notice her lost looks but she doesn't know that there is nothing that goes unnoticed by me.

My sweetheart. I sighed and picked up the photo frame from the side table. It had a picture of my sweetheart. It was the same photograph in which she was in the garden trying to catch a butterfly with a content smile on her face. She used to look so happy, so lively back then. Her freely smiling face is so mesmerizing, so captivating.

But she lost this smile of hers from the time we met each other. Resting my head on the headrest, I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair.

''Which stupid says that you both met each other normally? You freaking kidnapped her! My conscience mocked me and I chuckled at my thoughts inwardly.

Yes, I did kidnap her and I am forcing her to marry me, not because I lust over her or just to satisfy my desires but because I love her.

Shocked, right! Even I was, thinking how did I even fall for her but she was the woman who evoked those emotions which were buried in a forbidden region of my heart. I never thought that I would fall in love again, but I did and this time when I have fallen so hard, I would never let her go away from me.

It wasn't love at first sight, not at all. She is beautiful, I do not deny that but I wasn't at all interested in falling for someone's outer beauty. Though, I agree, that sometimes, her beauty, too, enticed me,and it would become hard for me to control, but it was her inner self that attracted me more. I loved all the qualities that she holds within herself, be it her courage or love or the nature to sacrifice her happines for others or her determination or her anger or even her manipulative nature.

Obsession, as you may call it, but I am not going to let Riddhima go away from me ever, even if it means caging her here in this mansion, because she is the only source of light in my dark world, she is only drop of water in my desert like life, she is the only cure to my insanity. I know very well that she would hate me more when she would come to know of my intentions and the secrets that I am hiding from her and even try to run away but before that I would tie her to me through this sacred bond of marriage.

I know that marriage should not be played with like this but I don't want to let Riddhima go and this seemed to be the best idea. People may consider my love to be my obsession but this is not true. I just want her to accept me once, after that, I would give her all that she would want, even her freedom. She would get all that her heart desires for but with me in the picture.

I saw her yesterday, looking sadly at the engagement ring. I know, she is not attracted to these riches and that is what makes her so different. She doesn't love these materialistic things, she loves the person instead and I want her to love me. I can feel that she is the one who is capable of healing my past wounds. It is just that she needs time to accept what is happening around her lately and I am ready to give her all the time that she needs, even if it means me waiting till an eternity.

I know I was so wrong when I kissed her out of anger. I had no intentions to touch her without her consent but that day, don't know how I became so anger driven. I also understand that no amount of apology can ever justify my acts or reduce the hurt that she felt but I would keep on apologizing until she really feels like forgiving me.