Chapter-10

Since most of the people wanted me to change the reason Riddhima gives to the media, so I have changed it a bit in my way. I haven't used any of the ideas from the comments section because I thought the the idea which I had is better, in a way, that I feel it does not affect the storyline which I have thought of earlier. So am sorry for not using your ideas and thank you so much for giving me such wonderful thoughts and supporting me. So here you go. Do read it and tell me if you find the idea good enough or not.

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

I looked out of the car's window. There were huge bungalows surrounding us from both sides. Looks like we were in the posh area of Mumbai. Of course, the man who owns a Bugatti divo must be living in the posh area only. I got back from the window and rested my head on the headrest of the car as I tried to relax a bit but before I could close my eyes, something caught my attention.

From the rear view mirror, I could see a black car following us and I knew it was following us from the very starting of our journey. I looked in the wing mirror of the car and found out that not just one but there were two such cars. I looked ahead and again there were two such black cars.

What the hell is going on? Are we being followed? Are we in some sort of danger? I don't know. But Vansh seems relaxed. Should I ask him? No, he would think that I am scared. But what if he himself doesn't know that we are being followed? Gathering courage, I, finally, asked Vansh about these cars.

''Vansh, there are these black cars, which have been following us from the very beginning of our journey.''

''These are my cars. They are my men.'' He replied nonchalantly.

''All the four cars? But for what?''

''Yes all the four ones. They are for our safety and to keep an eye on you, so that you do not try pulling any stupid stunt of yours. And not to miss, your best friend Sejal is in one of these cars.'' He said turning to my side.

''What do you mean by pulling a stupid stunt? You think I am stupid? Now reply. I want an answer. Why are you quiet now?'' I questioned him looking straight into his eyes.

''First of all, I don't have time for your stupid talks and questions, so just stop your ranting. And secondly, I have a few instructions to give you before the press conference.''

With this, he pressed a small button on his side pulling up a screen, whose use must be to avoid the driver from intruding the privacy of the passengers.

''Vansh, why did you pull this up? What was the need of it?'' I asked him.

''I can't let my drivers see what I do with my sweetheart, now, can I?'' He replied smiling cheekily.

''No, absolutely not but you just intend to instruct me that's it, right. So what was the need of it?'' I again retorted, not because I wanted the driver to listen to our talks but because I was a bit scared to stay with him all alone like this where there is no space to run.

''But I intend to do much more.'' He spoke huskily, coming so close to me.

''Just shut up, okay. Don't you even try coming closer to me.'' I said pushing him away.

''Yeah, I need to focus on clearing the mess which you have created. But you know what, you are such a big distraction, that I don't feel like focusing on anything else other than you sweetheart.'' I just rolled my eyes at his cheesy lines. This man is beyond my understanding.

''So listen to me carefully, we will reach VR mansion in about 10 minutes and you would straight away, head to your room. Mrs D'souza would be waiting for you there. She would take you to your room. I would handle my family members, so you don't have to worry about them. I would introduce you with them once the conference gets over. For now you just need to know that this is my dadi. This is my younger sister Ishani and this is my youngest sister Siya. This is my family. Just remember them, rest I would handle.'' He said while showing me the pictures of his family members on his mobile phone.