Chapter-32

ISHANI'S POV:-

"Now please welcome, Ms Ishani Raisinghania!" The host announced and everybody clapped as I graced the red carpet in a glitter Ombre tulle ball gown. The whole lot of photographers got busy in clicking pictures as I posed for them with the most genuine smile. It had always been a dream to be here since I have had my interest developed in this field.

All the renowned fashion designers were here, everybody, being their own models, representing their best designs. It has so much to learn here. The ones whom I have idolized are here too as well as some of those who say that they have idolized me are here too. I am just so grateful to be a part of this event.

Waving at the photographers for the last time, I entered the building where the organizers have been waiting for all of us. I was greeted with a bouquet of beautiful flowers as one of them escorted me to the lunch. A few feet ahead of us, there was a man, being escorted the same way. He seemed vaguely familiar but I could neither recall his name nor the fact of seeing him somewhere. Dismissing my thoughts, I turned my attention to my surroundings, admiring and capturing each of the glimpse in my heart.

Both of us stopped in front of the closed doors. The lady bowed to me and left, not before I thanked her. The two doormen held open the doors for me. Perfectly poised, I entered the hall. 

It was a big hall with elegantly arranged round tables and chairs. Those who have graced the red carpet before me, were already here. Some of them already acquainted, were settled on the chairs while, some others were standing around, having drinks, and getting to know each other. The waiters were doing their work skillfully, moving here and there, serving the guests whatever they demanded.

As I made my way down the stairs, all the heads turning to my direction and suddenly, the room went silent. Never had I ever felt so self conscious. Tucking a stray hair strand behind my ear, I gave them all a smile and to my surprise, everybody started clapping. Beaming at the applause, I continued moving down. 

I could see a fair hand extended in my direction as I reached the last step. He was Matthew, a renowned Australian designer. Accepting his hand, I descended the last step.

"I must tell, you look gorgeous, Ms Raisinghania!" Known for his chivalrous behavior, I knew this would be coming from his side.

"Thank you Mr Wilson." I replied with a smile and he winked at me. I giggled as a group of ladies came to our side. Some of them, took Matthew to a side while two of them stayed behind. 

"Hey Ishani! You look so beautiful! How have you been?" Adrianna spoke  with a thick British accent. We have already met before in some function and liked each other's company immediately, maybe because, Adrianna was this chirpy and bubbly girl who was always full of life. Being with her would always make me feel happy. Well, that is the case with everyone else I guess, cause Adrianna brings life to wherever she goes. That is why finding her alone is very difficult during such gatherings.

"I have been great Adrianna, thank you." Before I could speak further, her phone started ringing and she excused herself.

I grabbed a glass of mojito for myself as I was greeted by Shaniqua. She was from South Africa. I had read a lot about her back in India. She was so famous but still so humble and down to earth. 

Warmly greeting and passing a smile to everyone on the way I moved to a vacant round table in the farthest corner of the room. Putting the glass and my matching clutch on the table, I was about to get settled on the chair, when once again, I was greeted by a male voice. I turned around and found out that he was the same man whom I have noticed earlier.