Chapter-30

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

Silence, deathly silence ensued my question. Though he was sitting straight from the time I had entered the room, the stiffness in his body after I had asked him, was visible. He had a grim expression on his face while he stared at the wall in front of him, not even blinking an eye. Don't know why but his cold aura seemed to increase my nervousness. 

I opened my mouth to say something but before any word could come out of it, I saw him erupting into laughter. This man is laughing as if I have cracked some sort of a joke. I, now, seriously feel that other than IED, he suffers from some other mental disease too.

"Excuse me miss, have you seen my wife? I guess, she is missing." He spoke once he stopped laughing.

"What are you talking about? I am right here, standing in front of you. Don't irritate me more please." I spoke with a frown of annoyance on my face.

"Oh! But you don't seem to be my Riddhima. My Riddhima is an independent girl who doesn't need anybody's permission to do anything that she wished for. But the girl standing in front of me is asking me to let her resume her job. " He spoke making me frown more. What did he want to imply with his statement? That I shouldn't have asked him? Everything is beyond my understanding. He has married me forcefully and now wants me to go for the job without his knowledge so that he can get angry again?

Removing the duvet from his legs, he stepped down carefully, taking support of the bedpost. Once steadied, he toke careful steps towards me. I could see him staggering due to weakness and once again that guilt was back. Pushing it aside somehow, I looked as he stopped a few steps away from me.

Taking my hands in his, ever so gently, he held them. Though reluctant at first, I gave in as I could not find even a single glint of anger in his eyes or hint of aggression in his hold. But still, kept myself ready, in case he tries to do something.

That was for the first time that he was holding my hands like this. Though we have held hands so many times earlier but both of us have been preoccupied so much with our thoughts that none of us gave any importance to this gesture. I could notice his large fingers graze against my palm and how his rough hands felt against my soft and small ones. 

"You will never have to ask for any sort of permission from me, not now, not in the future. I have told you already that I never wanted to snatch away your freedom. I just wanted myself in that picture with you. Do whatever you want to, go wherever you want to, but never go away from me." His voice was the softest that I have ever heard. His dark brown eyes too held only softness and LOVE?

He has always wanted to love you.

Ishani's words rang in my mind as I averted my gaze. His this gesture, this statement actually was able to move me and prove Ishani's words true. Suddenly, I had the urge to ask something more.

"What if I find someone else who is better than you and run away?"  I asked him, raising my eyebrows, just wanting to confirm that all of this wasn't a ploy. But instead of getting angry, he shook his head with a slight smile, never letting go of my hands.

"You would never do that. I would shower so much love upon you that you would not be willing to look at any other man. I have full faith on my love and one day, you will have too." He spoke with utmost sincerity in his voice that the emotions felt overwhelming. 

"Too much overconfidence Mr Raisinghania?" I quipped and he grinned.

"This is confidence my dear." He said and winked and I just smiled. Maybe this was the first time, I was noticing his smile or maybe it was the first time that he was really smiling, rather than smirking.