Chapter-8

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

He left the room, leaving behind a confused me. I sat on the bed and looked at my hand which he was holding, so tightly. It had faint marks of his fingers. I touched those marks and a shiver ran down my spine. One hour had passed after this incident but, I could still feel his touch, be it on my hand or on my back. The way he was drawing circles on my back gave me goosebumps. The way he held my hand, I could sense something more than anger. I felt as if there was some obsession today other than anger or annoyance in his words and I must say, I am not getting good vibes from it. But one good thing that happened is that we are heading back to Mumbai. This sea sickness was getting on my nerves. Continuous nausea and dizziness was so irritating and hiding it from that evil Raisinghania was another burden. I had to hide it from him so that he does not take advantage of my situation. Never mind, now I have to focus on finding Sejal and getting away from here, from him.

KNOCK, KNOCK.

There was a knock on the door which brought me out of my thoughts. It was Aangre. He was here with a plate of food which was apparently for me.

''Take this and finish this food without any argument if you want your sister to get food too.'' He said sternly.

''What do you mean by that?''

''I mean that boss has ordered that Sejal would be given food only when you finish your food. So it would be better that you have this immediately. One more thing, we would reach Mumbai in another two hours.''

I could not say anything, so just nodded and took the plate from his hand. I went inside and before he could come inside, I shut the door on his face.

I ate my food as quickly as I could and opened the door. To my surprise, it opened. I thought, he would have locked it but idiot man, he did not. So I quietly sneaked out of my room and decided to check the ship's lowest level where it's kitchen was situated. The ship being isolated, became my advantage as I could search everywhere easily without the fear of being watched everywhere.

I descended the stairs very carefully, in order not to make any noise and alert him. As I stepped on the last step, all I could hear was the hustle and bustle that was coming from the kitchen and the sound of the propellers. I glanced back at the staircase to make sure no one was following me and turned back happy that no body was. As I was moving through the corridor, I made sure that there was no noise of my footsteps as the workers in the kitchen could pose a threat too. I took a step forward, but then stopped as through all the hustle bustle, I could differentiate an eerily similar voice of somebody sobbing. It was coming from a nearby room. A number of possibilities ran through my mind. Wishing what I was thinking becomes true, I moved towards that room, taking slow steps.

Phew! I let out a long breath which I had been holding unknowingly, once I reached the door. I rotated the door knob, hoping that it would open, but to my dismay, it did not.

''Damn, it's locked. Now where do I bring the key from?'' I said frustrated.

''Okay, calm down Riddhima. You can do it. You can do it. Just think straight and you will get a way to open this door.'' I had to keep myself motivated in order to get out of the situation we are stuck up in. Suddenly, an idea struck my mind.

''Yes, I can try using my hair pins to open the lock.'' All thanks to the hindi movies I have watched, this idea came to my mind.

I took out a hair pin and inserted it in the keyhole. The lights were dim but I kept working on the lock. After continuous moving and rotating the pin, I heard a sound.

CLICK.

The lock did open. The trick did work. ''Yay! I did it. I did it. Yes, I did it.'' I patted myself for my good work and rotated the door knob without wasting another second. The door opened and revealed a thin and petite frame, bound and gagged, lying on the floor, her head resting on the wall and eyes closed.