Chapter-11

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

''The story which I told you would have led to people calling you names and VR would never allow anyone berate his would be wife. So I changed the plan at the very moment.'' He said and gave me a 'what did you think of me' look and started moving towards the door.

For a moment, I was stunned. He did this for me. He changed his plan so the nobody would get to berate me. He did all this to save my respect. I felt overwhelmed at that thought but the overwhelming feeling was soon replaced by a sudden rage.

I realized how he, very easily, lied in front of the media people and even the commissioner of police supported him by giving his statement in his support. He was the same man who killed, oh not killed but murdered somebody, kidnapped me, kept my sister as hostage and now blackmailing me into marriage.

I saw him holding the door handle but before he could pull it, I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. What an impulsive action of mine, I must say because due to the force, he lost his balance and in turn, I lost mine too and both of us fell on the floor with a thud. I groaned in pain as my back hit the floor and with all the weight of Mr Devil on me, I could not even get up. My eyes got closed as reflex and when I opened them I found two dark brown orbs staring at me with a shocked look on his face. They were as deep as ocean, holding so many emotions. He was looking at me lovingly. I could see love in his eyes. But wait, did I say love? No, he cannot love me. Why would he love me when all he has to do is blackmail me and make me agree to whatever he says. I got filled with sudden anger thinking of this. I broke our eye lock and pushed him off me. He got startled and got up.

He forwarded his hand for me to take and get up but I ignored it and got up on my own. I brushed the dust off my clothes and glared at him.

''It is very easy for you to lie right. Didn't you, for a millisecond, feel shame that you tagged the murder as self defence? Don't you have any conscience who could mock you whenever you do wrong? Don't you have any guilt for murdering an innocent, that too so brutally? You bribed the commissioner too, right? That's why he spoke in your favour. I can't believe it that people in power could stoop so low that they can claim a fully planned murder as an act of self defence.'' I chastised him.

''Enough girl. Mind your tongue. You are not supposed to talk to me in this manner. Moreover, I do not owe you any explanations. So you better remember that. Now, don't you dare come out of this room until the lunch, downstairs, gets over.'' He shouted at me and went, banging the door shut in the process.

RICHA'S POV:-

I was lost in my thoughts when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned back and found a girl standing there. She looked familiar but I could not remember where I have seen her.

''Hi, I am Aditi. You remember, I used to be your junior in the college.'' She said forwarding her hand.

''Oh yes. I remember you. You are the same girl who was famous for sitting in the library for the whole day. Everyone in the college knew you this way only.'' I said and shook her hand, smiling at her as I went down the memory lane.

''Yeah, you got that right. But I must say, I was inspired by you only.'' She said laughing.

''Oh come on dear. So tell me what are you doing now a days?'' I smiled at her.

''I am, at present, appointed by a prestigious news channel as a news anchor and I will be working under Mrs RICHA BHATIA.'' She told me excited.

''Oh my god! Aditi, you are the new intern who would be working under me. That's just great. I am so happy for you.'' I exclaimed.

''Thank you ma'am.'' She smiled.

Meeting my junior, with whom I had a good bond, after so long made me forget my suspicions for a while. We kept on talking for the whole time and reminisced all the memories. This girl has changed so much. From being a nerdy person to becoming a social person, changes are visibly good.