Chapter-22

_RiAnshCommunity_

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

I woke up with a ray of hope in my heart. Whatever happened last night should not have happened. I should have slapped him hard but could not as he always overpowers me and that stupid girl said that he loves me. I scoffed at the thought.

Had he loved even for a second of his life, he would never have forced me into this relationship. Not only this, he would never have touched me without my consent. My say in everything would have mattered to him.

But no. Neither do I matter to him nor do my say, nor do my thoughts. Sejal says she can see in his eyes, love for me. But I always feel, had he loved me, before Sejal, he would have come and proposed me. He would have asked for my opinion regarding this relation rather than kidnapping me and forcing this relation on me. And for a point of time, if I consider that he does love me, then he would have given me some time adjusting to this relationship. He would have taken things normally rather than the way he has done now.

Now I just have one motive in my life and that is escaping from this prison. I am glad that I have a friend like Raghav who has come all the way to help me, how he understood me without even speaking to him. I do not hate Sejal, after all, we have spent most of our time till now, together. It is just that I am angry at her, that too, not because, she said that I should give Vansh a chance, but because, she said Vansh loves me. Now, how the hell, does his behavior look like he loves me?

As I glance at the mirror for the last time, someone knocks on my door.

"Riddhima, aren't you ready yet? The function will be starting soon." I hear Ishani's voice from the other side.

"I am coming Ishani. Just give me a few minutes." I replied and recalled the plan of escape as I heard her go away.

Today the sangeet and the mehandi function will be held. After that, we would be done with all the rituals. So tomorrow, all of us would be free as the , marriage is held day after tomorrow. According to the priest, both tomorrow and day after tomorrow were auspicious. Vansh wanted the marriage to be held tomorrow but was silenced by his grandmother. She said she wanted to visit the ancestral clan deity and pray for our well beings and of course nobody could deny her.

As everybody would go away, leaving me, Vansh, these maids and his side kick, I would get a good chance to run away from here. Rest all would be taken care of by Raghav.

Sighing, I left my room and came downstairs. It was an all ladies affair as the dot of henna on Vansh's palm had already been applied and only a male house helps and Raghav was present in the hall. Dadi smiled looking at me and I smiled back.

"Come dear. These girls were waiting for you only. Sit here." She led me to the sitting arrangement and the mehandi girl smiled at me.

"Girls now you can start applying mehandi to all of them while I would be away resting in my room. Make sure you apply the best mehandi of your life and don't give me any chance to complain." Dadi advised and went away.

"What is your name girl?" I asked the girl sitting in front of me. She told me her name was Nisha.

Nisha extended her hand to get hold of my palm and I unwillingly had to give in. Though I loved my henna adorned hands earlier whenever I used to apply it, but now, I am starting to dislike them getting adorned with the henna of his name.

But I could not stop myself from admiring them as Nisha finished drawing the pattern. No doubt, she has done her best till now. But this took so long. My hands were covered in henna till my elbows. It was tiring sitting in the same position and it made my back sore. I released a breath of relief when all of this was finished. Now the only task was to save this mehandi from getting destroyed. This is so difficult, not to touch anything and keep your arms always stretched so that the clothes do not get spoiled.