Twenty-Eight

Alex

It's been nearly a week since the senior camping trip, and I'm on the highest peak of been my anti-social self.

Winston had tried to talk to me sometimes, but I had given him a cold-shoulder and continued my way. There was nothing that he can do. Whatever happened between us, it was good while it lasted. But it doesn't change the fact that he lied to me.

These days I'm either hanging with Tyler or by myself in the library. Surprisingly Charlie makes a sudden appearance to hang with me too. He has taken it upon himself to check on me once a day. I don't know what he is worried about exactly, but it still feels nice that at least someone is worried after everything that has happened.

Jessica and Justin both had approached me too, on different occasions. Jessica said she understands why I was stressed on the day of the treasure hunt, and maybe we can hang at Monet's later. I was sure that she just feels sorry for me and is also guilty for not asking me before.

Justin just asked how I've been. We were standing outside the student lounge area and honestly saying, he looked more stressed than me. At first, I didn't notice it but he was clearly distracted. After glancing through the student lounge's window, I understood what was happening with him.

Jessica was in there with Diego and both of them were busy making out while some of the jocks were hanging around them. 

At that moment I knew what Justin was feeling. Because at some point in my past I had seen him and Jessica been like that, while it was me looking through a window. I know Jessica and I wasn't that serious but still, we were there for each other on the worst days of our life. And that's what counts.

To distract Justin from the ongoing scene I asked him about Clay, which got him frowning at me. 

"I don't know anymore." He shrugged and walked past me.

Zach as usual wasn't showing any interest in giving up his I-don't-care attitude, so hanging out with him was boring these days.

Today, I was on my way to study hall after lunch because I had a free period. Then suddenly I heard someone calling my name.

"Alex, hey!" It was Tony, walking my way with his backpack on one shoulder. "How have you been, buddy?"

Ugh. Not again!

"Please stop asking me that." I groaned, then shrugged at him. "As you can see, I'm well and alive."

"Okay, okay." He chuckled at me. "Jeez, I just asked you because we haven't talked in a while. I've been busy." 

Tony had been training hard for his fighting matches. As Caleb informed me yesterday, Tony has got his license and has a fight scheduled next week.

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry about it." I assured him as the bell ranged indicating the end of first lunch. "I ran into Caleb yesterday at Monet's, he told me and Justin about your upcoming fight." 

Students were running to get to their classes, so Tony and I moved to give everyone space. We saw Tyler in the crowd, but he just glanced at us and continued his way to class.

"Oh yeah, that," Tony said, clearly worried about Tyler's behavior. "You can come and watch if you want. It's next weekend."

We both then caught the eye of Liberty's QB. He was walking with Estela, then saw us watching Tyler and decided to come here.

"Hey, you two." Charlie unsurely greeted us as he studied our faces. "Why are you watching Tyler with those confused and worried looks?"

"He just straight up ignored us," I answered Charlie, while still looking in the direction where Tyler went. "I actually talked with him normally in the morning."

"It's not you, it's me," Tony informed us as we both gave him more confused looks. "I kind-of pissed him off during the senior camping trip. Tyler has been avoiding me since."

This was news to me. 

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "And I thought I was the only one to piss people off at that stupid trip."

Charlie gave me a look, while Tony rolled his eyes at me. 

"Don't worry about Tyler," I continued speaking. "As much as I know him, he will not stay angry at one of his closest friends for much longer."

"Let's hope that happens."

And he was off too.

What is with people and just walking away without saying 'bye' these days?

"Tony seems stressed." Charlie declared as I turned to face him. "What's up with him?"

"Isn't everyone stressed these days?" I sighed loudly as Charlie gave me a worried look again. "He has started boxing again and his first match is next week.''

"I didn't know he fights too," Charlie responded, slightly nodding along. "You people keep surprising me every day."

"What does that even mean?" I asked him with narrowed eyes as he then realized what he had said.

"Nothing!" He exclaimed, then noticed someone behind me. "Oh shit, I, um... need to run... I mean go! So, yeah, see ya later!"

And just like that, he actually started running to god knows where with a panicked look on his face.

I turned around to see who Charlie was running away from but just saw some cheerleader girls passing by.

Weird. I have weird friends.

×××××××××××××××

I know this is comparatively a small chapter but I couldn't think about anything that could've happened after the Camping Trip.

Also, I'm open to suggestions so feel free to comment here or DM me!

Don't forget to Vote & Comment!