Three

Charlie

Something was wrong with Tyler.

At first I thought that I was the only one noticing this, but then Ani pulled me to the side and told me to drop him home.

Apparently the police had found his guns in the river and that's why he was called to the station. Clay accompanied him, and according to Tyler he had handled it well.

Now, everyone else needed to hear about this.

As Tyler's house wasn't that far from Clay's, it took me less than 10 mins to drop him off and return back. It was already evening, but the cold was still bearable.

I still remember the first time I was here, in Clay Jensen's outhouse. We all had did something illegal, and that's when I had realised that no one was innocent anymore. But still, we were there for each other.

That's what I was doing. Being there for people that may need me.

My mom always said that I was too kind for this world. I don't know, maybe I was seeing I still felt guilty about framing Monty.

He was a rapist. That's what I remind myself everyday.

But he didn't deserve that. A part of me says.

I actually don't know what to think of it  anymore. But it was in the past now.

"Why would he lie?" Clay was the one asking this, as I entered the outhouse for the second time today.

"To save himself." Jessica answered without any hesitation.

"Yeah, so I got him home safe." I informed them, as all of them turned to acknowledge me. "He seemed pretty calm."

Everyone was spread around the outhouse. Justin and Jessica were sitting on Justin's bed, while Clay and Ani on Clay's bed. Zach was laying on the sofa while the remaining two, Alex and Tony were sitting on the stools by the table.

"How the fuck is he calm?" Tony asked angrily. It was clear that he was actually worried about everything.

"Tyler doesn't want the truth to come out any more than we do." Ani stated as I nodded along. "He did the best he could with the cops. All things considered."

"Let's say he's telling the truth." Tony said to her. "Just because he thinks he fooled the cops doesn't mean he actually did. What if they are watching him now?"

"What if they're watching all of us?"

Well, that's creepy.

I wasn't agreeing with Tony and Jessica on not trusting Tyler, but I still had a question.

"That's what I don't get." I voiced my thoughts to everyone. "Even if the cops didn't believe Tyler's excuses about the guns, how does that lead them to us or anything about Bryce?"

"Tyler knows about Bryce." Tony answered me. "Tyler's in trouble for the guns. Tyler turns all of us in to save himself."

He would never do that.

"He'd never do that." Atleast Clay was on Tyler's side.

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked him.

"Tyler was the one who called Clay when he needed help." I started stating the obvious. "I think we can trust him."

I trusted Tyler. I knew him well now and he would never turn all of us in.

"Thanks, Cookies, but it's not that fucking simple."

Did Jessica just called me 'Cookies'? What the fuck?

"Some of us are accessories after the fact to murder." Jessica continued, as if forgetting everyone present here was an accessory like her.