Fourteen

Alex

It was Valentine's Day today, and all the pink hearts decoration was already making me irritated even before the first lecture started. Not to forget, couples were seen making out and acting lovey dovey in each and every corner of the hallway.

At least the people watching the CCTV footage will get to see some steamy makeout sessions.

Yes, CCTV.

My dear Liberty High have now installed cameras at each and every corner of the school. Wherever I go, I could see a camera watching my moments. Except the bathrooms and changing rooms.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did that too.

The only thing I don't understand is, why now?

It's been weeks since the vandalism on the administration doors, so the cameras getting installed now wasn't making much sense. And weren't the police enough?

After Zach and I got to school this morning, Tyler was already waiting for us inside the front doors.

"Hey, Ty!" Zach greeted, ruffling Tyler's hair. "How you been, my boy?"

Zach was, well, kind of tipsy.

Tyler gave me a worried glance first, but I wasn't paying attention to my friends now.

A camera had caught my eye.

"What the hell?" I whispered to no one in particular, as Zach and Tyler both turned to see what had me shocked.

"Ooh, cameras!" Zach exclaimed, then shot a middle finger to it.

Classic Zach.

"Um, yeah, the cameras," Tyler replied, as I noticed more cameras at the end of each hallways on my side. "They are like, everywhere."

"Yeah," I replied, worried about how this could be bad for anyone. "Bolan is hell bent on making our last school semester a living nightmare."

"As if our life isn't already." Zach said, then winked at both of us. "See ya!"

We both just stared at his retreating back, while he greeted random girls in the hallway.

"He would get caught now if he keeps getting intoxicated like this." Tyler said, turning towards me. "The cameras will notice his behaviour, and I'm sure Bolan would be watching."

"Let's see what happens." I replied. "I tried talking to him, but he is ruining his own life."

"I can see that." Tyler nodded. "Oh, by the way, I wanted to tell you that I have some plans after school, so you and Winston shouldn't wait for me. I already told him."

Now, it was Tyler who was acting weird. When he said he had plans, he just glanced around as if he thought someone might be listening. But everyone was either busy with their boyfriends/girlfriends, or just in a hurry to get to class.

"Uhm, okay." I nodded, thinking to myself if I should ask him about his plans or not.

"See you then." Tyler waved, and made his way probably to the yearbook room.

Each and every hallway was decorated with all the love shit, with banners about tomorrow's dance hanged too. They were calling the dance 'Love is Love', maybe it was school's poor attempt to support homosexuality.

I don't understand how people could believe something like love. It was a fiction, a fairytale people just created to get through life. A way of ignoring how life could be cruel to you.

I don't believe in soulmates and shit, because me finding someone after knowing my true self would be really difficult. They would probably run away and go to the police.